BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Headlight variations

• Idris
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Aug 2021 09:19 #237462 by Idris
Headlight variations was created by Idris
(2002 Jimny hardtop, UK market, made in Japan) I am converting a RHD jiminy to LHD headlights for France. I stupidly assumed there would be just one pair of light for RHD and one for LHD.  Turns out there are loads of different headlight variations.

Anyone know of a listing of headlight part numbers so I can get a mached pair - most scrapyards have a left or a right not a pair - if they have a pair they are some strange chrome trimed montrosity.

Thanks Tom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Aug 2021 11:09 #237464 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Headlight variations
I thought they were all the same or at least all replacable from 1999 thru 2017.
Chrome trimmings must be some aftermarket bling someone atttached.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Idris

More
10 Aug 2021 11:48 #237466 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Headlight variations
Yes the bling is stick on aftermarket. double sided foam tape which can be removed. 
The only difference I am aware of is level adjusting motors or not? Not sure if they all had them or it was trim level specific.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
10 Aug 2021 20:01 #237475 by Obarno
Replied by Obarno on topic Headlight variations
I did exactly what you are doing, 10 years ago. My car is a 2007 but I bought some 2nd hand head lights in France and put them in. Don’t know what year car they were from but I think an earlier model. The only problem was that the headlight adjusters worked exactly the opposite so down was up and vice versa. Eventually the motors stopped working so left them in that position and it has passed it’s Controle Technique each year without problem.

Manual VVT, 2 1/2" lift, ORA castor corrected arms, 2" ORA body lift, 4:1 transfer box, Uprated front shafts & CVs ERM , ARBs back & front 3.9 diffs, 6 point cage, ORA winch bumper - Superwinch EP9, ORA rear bumper, ORA axle truses, Diff guards ERM , TBR tank guard, Snorkel, Kumho KL71.30.9.50 15

• Idris
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Aug 2021 15:34 #237519 by Idris
Replied by Idris on topic Headlight variations
Thanks guys, gave up with the 2nd hand ones they were 60-90% of new price!

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds