BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

2004 Head Unit

More
17 Apr 2021 06:36 - 17 Apr 2021 07:03 #234521 by Casey
2004 Head Unit was created by Casey
  Hi, Not been on this site for many years as I've been Jimny-less for a long time. However, the call of the Jimny was too strong and I gave in and bought a 2004 reg yesterday. Already planning what mods to make and just wondered if any one had taken out the clock and put in a modern double din head unit with sat nav, or one of the single din with a screen that pulls out, and had any tips. Mine is the old style dash with the sliding heat controls as opposed to knobs.    

I was thinking of something like this:

Attachments:
Last edit: 17 Apr 2021 07:03 by Casey.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Apr 2021 21:09 #234538 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic 2004 Head Unit
My Jimny is a 2011 so has a double DIN head unit, now replaced with an Android head unit.

I think the pop out screens are quite cool and it’s a lot easier than converting to a double DIN, so provided it fits I would just go for it.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

The following user(s) said Thank You: Casey

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds