BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

4wd problems

• Roseblade
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Jan 2021 13:14 #231426 by Roseblade
Replied by Roseblade on topic Re:4wd problems
Got to be worth a try then. Anything that makes for a better engineered solution to improve the functionality has be worth trying. Especially anything that does NOT rely on electronics.
Some of the big leaps forward in motoring tech in my lifetime (I dont mean when they were invented but more about when they became widespread in use).
Disk brakes and servo assistance.
Rack & pinion steering.
Hydraulic tappets.
Fuel injection.
We take all this for granted now but when I was growing up these were only seen on posh motors.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Roseblade
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Jan 2021 13:24 #231427 by Roseblade
Replied by Roseblade on topic 4wd problems
Hi Folks, Just a quick update on my 4wd issue. I have now had chance to short out the sensor under the battery tray.
Problem solved (for now). The transfer Box now functions as its supposed to (better than it ever has in my ownership which proves to me its been wonky from day one) and The light works as it should. So I can now take my time to refurbish and clean the manual shift box before I fit it and deal with other non related issues with the brakes.

It seems the original fault was in the vacuum system valves or sensor under the battery.

So A big thanks to everyone that contributed info to get me sorted, Its much appreciated.

• chandula101
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 May 2021 06:02 #235305 by chandula101
Replied by chandula101 on topic 4wd problems
Just to give a quick tip to anyone having trouble with the solenoids, I had 2 faulty ones. They were completely stuck and didn't function. But guess what! Its possible to open it up and actually service. The issue with mine were that there was a lot of dirt stuck up in them. Gave the insides a good clean with some WD40 and polished the metal plunger (that was rusted) and it sprung back to life just like new! Give it a go before you buy new solenoids.

Cheers!

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds