BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

JB74 - more power needed

• Wezzz
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Aug 2019 04:47 #211832 by Wezzz
Replied by Wezzz on topic JB74 - more power needed
Thx for all the reply guys...

That’s why I asked it in the first place.

An empty Jimny is driving very pleasant, but when adding a roofrack, a tent on it and loading too much stuff because wifey want’s everything with her it’s making the Jimny very very slow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
05 Aug 2019 06:32 #211833 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic JB74 - more power needed
At that point it might be worthwhile recalibratiing your wife's expectations of what is possible to bring on a trip. I have friends who manage to fill an A6 Avant with everything that could potentially want and 90pc of it is never unpacked from the back of the car, yet my wife and myself and the dog can fit everything we need in the back of Dreadnaught and I can still see out of the rear window.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• CC Baxter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Aug 2019 08:49 #211839 by CC Baxter
Replied by CC Baxter on topic JB74 - more power needed
Well said Mr Lambert, early holidays with my wife were on a motorbike. Basic hard luggage would do the two of us a fortnight and it was a modest bike too.
Chris

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Aug 2019 11:26 - 05 Aug 2019 11:27 #211845 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic JB74 - more power needed
I would upgrade the brakes as well if you packing that much stuff ;)
Last edit: 05 Aug 2019 11:27 by Daniel30.

• Memomiranda1
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Aug 2019 06:45 #211902 by Memomiranda1
Replied by Memomiranda1 on topic JB74 - more power needed
180whp turbo Jimny

• Core
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Feb 2020 15:02 #218600 by Core
Replied by Core on topic JB74 - more power needed
I don't know EU regs but here in the states I would replace the exhaust with a custom magnaflow setup, just a single pipe setup. Magnaflow makes hi flow cats that are typically better than the factory cats as far as quality, efficiency , and lifespan. They are not cheap especially if you opt for the low emissions compliant version. A good exhaust company can fabricate it. Intake is also an easy upgrade, it may only require a K&N filter and minor modification to get more air into the airbox. From what I see the K15B is likely under powered in favor of torques. Doing to intake exhaust mods typically shows higher torques gains which is what you need. You could do more research into the K15B's design and determine how much power can be run through the system. You have to factor the transmission, and it may require additional cooling. I don't know if Suzuki has recommended tow package? Good luck, I'm interested in hearing about it.

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds