BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Gen 4: Anti hijack locking?

More
31 May 2019 18:31 #209328 by facade
According to the handbook, to activate anti-hijack (1 press unlocks driver's door, 2 presses to unlock all 3) you hold in the right dash button and call up the "advanced" settings, then scroll down for "locking"- except it isn't there. :whistle:

Has anyone managed to do it?

On the Renault Nissan, you keep the drivers door open, and hold both fob buttons until the indicators flash, I'm inclined to try that, but I suspect it will do Something Bad and Undocumented like disable the alarm :S

On the interweb, the Maruiti guys do the thing with the dash button and the option is there.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Jun 2019 07:19 #209366 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Gen 4: Anti hijack locking?
Might be something the dealer has to add via a laptop for more extra pennies, it was the same on my 2017 Focus ST you had to book in at the dealers to add it another con, I have it in my gen 3 but I think it's part of my aftermarket alarm

More
02 Jun 2019 13:33 #209470 by saxj
Replied by saxj on topic Gen 4: Anti hijack locking?

GeorgeC wrote: Nice 25C day out in the sun with the reading glasses and the Owners Manual.

I found a piece on Page 2-6, that lead me to another on Page 2-34.
Nowhere in Section 2 could I find where to actually change the 1-2, 2-1 Click Unlock Function. :unsure:

Enlightenment required!

(This is a mystery similar to the "Auto Headlights" on/off, the "Dashboard Brightness" function that isn't in the car, :( and the Climate Control that won't be switched off.)

Mine definitely only opens all 3 doors (but South Africa has different specs.

Dashboard brightness is changed by turning the right hand knob on the dash display, but it only does anything if the headlights are in the ON position, not auto.

I find the auto lights irritating. They come on when you go under a bridge, but don't come on when it's nearly dark.

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds