BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Carling switch for hazards

• tommyguns
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Jul 2015 16:53 #147802 by tommyguns
Carling switch for hazards was created by tommyguns
Hi guys,

So after getting my new carling hazard warning switch shipped from Australia, I'm a bit stumped as the switch has 4 pins on the back but the hazard switch in currently (stock) has 8...found the wiring diagram for the stock switch on Google but before I go ahead with trial and error and s hell of a lot of blown fuses, does anyone know how to wire this up?

Many thanks,
Tom

If I mamage it will make sure I do a write up incase anyone else fancies doing it.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• oxford_bloke
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Jul 2015 05:14 #147820 by oxford_bloke
Replied by oxford_bloke on topic Carling switch for hazards
if it was me i would take a photo of it working correctly, so if it all goes pete tong then you can pit it back write. Then disconnect all the wires. Get a multimeter and work out which pin connects to which via a continuity test. flick the switch and do the same again so you can work out which wires "join" together. you can then re create this on your new switch, by doubling up wires if needs be

More
16 Jul 2015 05:40 #147821 by facade
Replied by facade on topic Carling switch for hazards
I didn't know Carling made switches, I thought it was just lager. :unsure:

What is wrong with the original one? (Never "fix" what ain't broke ;) )

A quick google shows that MudUK sell them, and there is a wiring diagram with the fitting instructions, but there are loads of wires, not 4. www.mudstuff.co.uk/carling-hazard-switch.html

The 4 wire switches are SPST with an illumination bulb, have you got the right one?

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

• tommyguns
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Jul 2015 16:14 #147833 by tommyguns
Replied by tommyguns on topic Carling switch for hazards
yeah thanks oxford bloke, have taken tons of pics and cut the wires 10mm from the switch so i can see which one goes to which in the terminal. will have a go with the multimeter and see how i get on!

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds