BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Snorkels

More
14 Apr 2009 14:48 #584 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Snorkels
I forgot to say - in order to ensure my financial well being you may see me advertising them on E-Bay for slightly more - thats the benefit to you of being on this forum

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Apr 2009 18:48 #585 by mlines
YOU CAN ORDER NOW!!!

OK - so I am a beginner at this webshop lark. So please bear with my and be assured that if any problems occur with the software that I will sort it and only charge the correct amount.

Martin

235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air

More
14 Apr 2009 19:06 #586 by ooky_123
Replied by ooky_123 on topic Re:Snorkels
Ordered and paid for.
Hubby is happy to collect .. were only down the road

Former owner of Little "Ooky", who has now started a new life in Shetland

More
19 Apr 2009 17:28 #604 by ooky_123
Right, today was dedicated to fitting the snorkel. Instructions were spot on, but its a little hard to find a 81mm hole cutter for steel, and after blunting Hubbys wood hole cutter, we decided to chain drill and then file the hole.
Snorkel went on really easy, and, aside from the studs needing to be fixerd to the body of the snorkel using superglue and a trip to Wickes to buy black silicone, the snorkel was fitted with out any issues. All bolts were sprayed with WD40 30 minutes before commencing work and all were removed with ease. Forget the storys about not being able to fit the nuts inside the wing, Hubby's new Halfords Professional ratcket ring spanners made light work and, once the snorkel was offered up and checked for alignment, was soon fitted using liberal blobs of black sealant.
Refitting was just as easy and quick and the whole job, including refitting topok no more than 2 hours.
Pix to be uploading in a while.

The end result is a really throaty intake roar when revved to 3000rpm and this continues as you accelerate. The snorkel adds to the chunky look of the jeep and, with the soon to be added roofrack and quad light bar will finish the pint sized mighty offroader nicely.

More
19 Apr 2009 17:45 #605 by ooky_123
PIctures..
Marking out..

Holes punched and drilled

First Fitment

Final Fit

Just need to pay attention to detail now. Give the wing a good polish and then run a small bead of black silicone around the join to finish it

More
19 Apr 2009 18:30 #606 by mlines
Thats looking good - I hope its the quality you expected. Now you should be able to tackle water with a bit less worry.

Have you decided which way around the intake is going to be?

Mine, which is not a "proper" one like this but is a KAP Suzuki homemade one, also roars with induction noise as you accelerate. I quite like it but if you find it too much there are some suggestions from guys in Australia (where the snorkel comes from) on www.jimny.se about quietening the induction roar.

Martin

Martin

More
20 Apr 2009 06:05 #607 by ooky_123
Quality was better than expected. really is a superbly made bit of kit.

Jason says there were one of two small things you have to be aware of before and during the fit but aside from those, it fits like a glove and looks good too.

We now have peice of mind and, as we regularly wade through water at bonnet level (occasionally windscreen level) we know as long as we have forward momentum, we should beable to get out. If for some horrible reason we get stuck or the engine stalls, we also have piece of mind knowing we might have ruined everything else in the car, but taking water into the engine has not occured and we should beable to get going with a few cans of WD40 :)

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds