BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Viscous Fan

More
15 Mar 2009 19:56 #472 by mlines
Viscous Fan was created by mlines
At what temperature should a viscous fan (Jimny 1.3 JLX) stiffen up?

With the temperature gauge at "Normal" I can spin the fan by hand. My Jimny overheats if you give it real work to do,

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Mar 2009 11:55 #475 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Re:Viscous Fan
I don't think my Jimny Workshop Manual CD has that kind of information on it so I can't help.

I'm guessing that you've checked your radiator is clear of mud etc given your experience.

I think the best person to ask would be Darren at KAP and see if he has a god 2nd hand one he can send you to replace yours.

Our old 410's fan was a straight bolt on jobbie with no viscous clutch to worry about, you could araldite the clutch mechanism up to lock it so it works at full efficiency all the time! I know it will draw more from the engine and you've already said your toping out at 60 mph in your latest article, but it's better than a blown head gasket and warped head / block.

Or, maybe now could be the time for an electric fan eh?

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
25 Mar 2009 13:17 #499 by kirkynut
Here could be a cheap solution for you Martin

cgi.ebay.co.uk/2000-SUZUKI-JIMNY-1-3-VIS...sidZp1742.m153.l1262

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
25 Mar 2009 14:11 #502 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Viscous Fan
Hey, thats cool how you embedded the widget!

I am probably going to go for the jam it permanently on solution as it is cheap. I am going to see what happens after Hogmoor.

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
25 Mar 2009 17:07 #506 by kirkynut
I have no idea how I did the widget thingy, I just copied and pasted it. The fixed up way should keep it cooler.

Kirkynut

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds