BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Big help needed

• Top Rope Terry
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Jul 2010 17:08 #3799 by Top Rope Terry
Big help needed was created by Top Rope Terry
hey guys hears one for ya i have a serious death wobble that seems to have got worse with little change to vehichle when i get it its at any speed and hitting a pot hole starts it off ,it sends me all over shakeing to the point where i have to slam on the brakes which makes it worse but stops the car and saves my arse. Any advice just to clean up the wobble a bit cause i'm just getting stressed. lol cheers

ps thank you to martin for the quick post on wheel bearing and snorkle good to know theres suppliers that care. B)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jul 2010 17:16 #3800 by Jamie
Replied by Jamie on topic Re:Big help needed
Sounds like you need to check your wheel bearings and maybe
shim up the kingpins!!!! Martin will probably tell you more!!

More
14 Jul 2010 21:06 #3808 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Re:Big help needed
There's another thread on the go similar to this at the minute and much has been written about this problem on here.

It appears that it may or may not be bearing related, if it is it's likely to be Kingpin bearings - not too harder job, did one on mine this afternoon.

I would also look at your track rod ends and front radius arm bushes.

Make sure there's no play in the steering box and adjust it if there is and basicaly ensure everyting is tickerdy boo on the front end!

Get any bearings from Martin as he is the cheapest I have found.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
15 Jul 2010 22:18 #3845 by kevant
Replied by kevant on topic Re:Big help needed
Bang a steering damper on it so you can drive it around with some form of dignity while you sort out whats causing it i had exectly the same problem and the damper helped a lot plus its one of the cheaper mods if you use a defender damper.

More
16 Jul 2010 17:30 - 16 Jul 2010 17:32 #3854 by MigCooper
Replied by MigCooper on topic Re:Big help needed
Hi

I add the same problem, the front panhard was losse, i found also that a damaged bush could couse the same efects

Have a look at the srews first and also see if the panhard is well fixed in place

MigCooper

3" Spring Lift + 1" Spacers / ES300 Shockers / TJM Snorkel / Extended Brake Lines / Castor Correction Bushes / Adjustable Panhard Rods / 30" Kaiman / 4.16 Redacted lobster / No Anti Roll Bar / Rock Sliders (Home made) / Diff Guards from ORA / 32mm Spacers /...
Last edit: 16 Jul 2010 17:32 by MigCooper.

• Top Rope Terry
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Jul 2010 17:29 #3863 by Top Rope Terry
Replied by Top Rope Terry on topic Re:Big help needed
Thanks to everyone for the help i'll hope to fix it soon but what a pain in the arse it is when u can't use it for fear of tipping. B)

More
18 Jul 2010 11:47 - 18 Jul 2010 11:47 #3865 by MigCooper
Replied by MigCooper on topic Re:Big help needed
Top Rope Terry wrote:

Thanks to everyone for the help i'll hope to fix it soon but what a pain in the arse it is when u can't use it for fear of tipping. B)

Do you already now what the problem is? keep us updated

3" Spring Lift + 1" Spacers / ES300 Shockers / TJM Snorkel / Extended Brake Lines / Castor Correction Bushes / Adjustable Panhard Rods / 30" Kaiman / 4.16 Redacted lobster / No Anti Roll Bar / Rock Sliders (Home made) / Diff Guards from ORA / 32mm Spacers /...
Last edit: 18 Jul 2010 11:47 by MigCooper.

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds