BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

home made body lift

More
11 Sep 2008 21:22 #170 by bazwidajimny
right guys this might not work for you, but has for me. got some box section just under 2" x 3", drilled straight through it, undone all my body bolts removed the lower bush, nkeep the washer, the bolts are just long enough to go through the box and chassis and washer. theres enough thread to get the nut on and do up. the front mounting u have to drill out the thread and use a longer bolt and nut. didnt have to modd anything else,,,,,,,,,2" body lift for £5!!!!! sorry cant get any pics on here the laptop playing up, lol. (try soon)
bazz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Sep 2008 12:05 #171 by Gaz
Replied by Gaz on topic Re:home made body lift
aye , get some pics up old boy

VERY interested in this one .

wanted to try this but dont have the B**LS to

Cheers
Gaz

More
12 Sep 2008 12:23 #172 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:home made body lift
From what I gather its pretty straight forward. Ash Awbery (PICTURES) did his in a similar way but I understand he bought some of the bolts etc. from Bits4Vits to avoid running out of thread and other similar problems.

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
12 Sep 2008 16:17 #173 by bazwidajimny
Replied by bazwidajimny on topic Re:home made body lift
sorry for no picks try and sort it this weekend but it works fine thear is anuff thread left 2 get the nut on the more u tighten it palls to gether iv since had to cut a bit away behind the 4x4 lever didnt go all the way in and jumped out ov low box BUT evrey thing else ok just make sure the box u use is no biger than the lower rubber body mount and it will work given me a bit more room for my 31s and is a cheap way to do a body lift B)

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds