× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Samurai and Jimny Diffs

More
18 Feb 2011 14:25 #11731 by Obarno
Does anyone know if a Sammi rear diff will fit a Jimny? Just looking at different axle ratios trying to decide what to do!

Manual VVT, 2 1/2" lift, ORA castor corrected arms, 2" ORA body lift, 4:1 transfer box, Uprated front shafts & CVs ERM , ARBs back & front 3.9 diffs, 6 point cage, ORA winch bumper - Superwinch EP9, ORA rear bumper, ORA axle truses, Diff guards ERM , TBR tank guard, Snorkel, Kumho KL71.30.9.50 15

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• vitara_mad
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Feb 2011 14:43 #11732 by vitara_mad
Replied by vitara_mad on topic Re: Samurai and Jimny Diffs
i know someone who has a samurai with a jimny rear axle & it has a samurai diff in it so the rear will fit i would like to know if a front samurai diff fits jimny front axel then could poss fit 5.1 ring & pinion from a vit

• panosd
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Feb 2011 14:54 #11733 by panosd
Replied by panosd on topic Re: Samurai and Jimny Diffs
If you want to change ring and pinions of the diff to make it lower to fit bigger tires,

you can put the diffs from the jimny japan spec(left side driver) with ratio 11/45.

If your jimny is from 99 to 03 its perfect.(ratio 11/43)

Also you can fit the diffs from the vvt. It gives you a -12%, -15% lower ratio.

If you want just to replace it because is damadged, it depends on the model you have.

In some jimny's the rear arb from the sami fits.

More
18 Feb 2011 15:18 #11735 by Obarno
Replied by Obarno on topic Re: Samurai and Jimny Diffs
Hi Vitara Mad - a Sammi front diff won't fit a Jimny as the Jimny has a high pinion diff. Interesting that a Sammi rear will fit a Jimny rear as I am trying to sort out ratios for VVT with rocklobster that is very low geared.

You can buy ring and pinions from these people in France

www.erm4x4.fr/Jimny/Ponts-transmisions-jimny.html

Thanks Panosd - more foor for thought!

Manual VVT, 2 1/2" lift, ORA castor corrected arms, 2" ORA body lift, 4:1 transfer box, Uprated front shafts & CVs ERM , ARBs back & front 3.9 diffs, 6 point cage, ORA winch bumper - Superwinch EP9, ORA rear bumper, ORA axle truses, Diff guards ERM , TBR tank guard, Snorkel, Kumho KL71.30.9.50 15

• panosd
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Feb 2011 17:56 #11750 by panosd
Replied by panosd on topic Re: Samurai and Jimny Diffs
Thats why we are here. To help its other finding solutions.

What about the link you gave above?

I will send you a pm for some details.

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds