BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now closed at 148 vehicles!!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone there

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:Have Gen4 service costs rocketed!?

More
23 Aug 2023 19:53 #250473 by Williams
Annoyingly I can't find the receipt for my first service at a year old and 4800mls but I'm sure it was in the £200 region with a diff or gearbox oil change.  Just clocked 17000mls in my 21 plate LCV so the service light has come on, so phoned my local dealer in the south Bucks area and have been quoted £486 without the diff oil change which takes it well north of £500.

I've just sold another car because of massive service cost hikes, but thought the simplicity of the Jimny would always mean cheap running costs.

What price is everyone else being charged?  Before I do a ring round dealers to hunt down a more honest price.

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Aug 2023 20:03 - 23 Aug 2023 20:04 #250474 by jlines
That does seem high given that my Range Rover evoque has just had a service totalling £490 and I know I've over payed for that.
Last edit: 23 Aug 2023 20:04 by jlines.

More
23 Aug 2023 20:47 #250476 by Williams
Forgot to say - when I was on the phone to my local dealers service department, I questioned the price and the service guy said Suzuki have raised there service prices 6times in the last year. Not sure if this was an exaggeration but would make sense.

I saw the other day Suzuki are now doing a 7year warranty if you service with them annually (if I'm not mistaken?). The inflated price would make more sense in that case as the car I just sold was a GR Yaris and since Toyota introduced there 10year warranty if you service annually with them, the service costs have nearly doubled, one would imagine to cover the 'free' warranty.

Just seems very brave for a combustion engine dominant company to be hiking up prices ,when they are competing against EV's with very low servicing costs.

More
23 Aug 2023 22:11 #250478 by Scimike
There is actually not that much to do on the Jimny
Fluids, plugs and inspect a few things. None of this is actually hard to do, so inflating the price 6 times is just printing money for the service department in my humble opinion.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
26 Aug 2023 12:24 #250530 by Busta
That's mad for such a cheap and simple car. It's 1 hrs work and £80 of parts if you get them from anywhere other than Suzuki. Seeing as you do such low mileage you can save quite a bit of money by going for nickel plugs rather than iridium. No need to change the diff oil at that age/mileage.

More
28 Aug 2023 20:48 #250567 by lightning
Take the vehicle somewhere else for a service, you don't have to use the main dealer.

More
29 Aug 2023 07:45 #250570 by Bob1050
Suddenly that 3 year Suzuki Service Plan looks not bad value and having learned that the Jimny now has a 7 year warranty - I can be more relaxed about the future.

More
30 Aug 2023 19:50 #250581 by Finners
To be honest the servicing is so easy to do on these they are so reliable I’d go DIY or independent garage after the first and second service, just follow the manufacturer’s recommendations and keep records ..

More
31 Aug 2023 15:56 #250600 by facade
I keep paying through the nose for services that I could do myself for a lot less money and trouble, because I want the stamp in the book to keep the value- it is the only car I've ever had that is worth more after 4 years than when I bought it!

I got the warranty extension last time, which is worth it I suppose if the gearbox oil seal lets go or the camera gives up as reported in Australia.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

More
31 Aug 2023 23:03 #250608 by Bob1050
Well I could have saved money by DIY servicing but the resale value of my old Jimny with a full Suzuki dealer history proved zero financial benefit in getting my hands dirty. To reinforce the comment from .'facade' - buy a car, drive it for over 4 years, have it dealer serviced and realise several thousand pounds more than the original cost of purchase - was a pleasant shock!

More
01 Sep 2023 21:12 #250635 by lightning
Take the vehicle somewhere else for a service, you don't have to use the main dealer.
lt's not a Ferrari, any reputable garage will be able to service it and stamp the service book.

• rogerzilla
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Sep 2023 06:55 #250637 by rogerzilla
Replied by rogerzilla on topic Have Gen4 service costs rocketed!?
Suzuki servicing is expensive but there are sometimes bargains for specific jobs. When the clutch release bearing started chirruping on my 2014 Jimny (not long out of warranty - probably undergreased at the bearing factory), a full main dealer clutch job was £500. Obviously you always replace all clutch parts when the gearbox is out of the way, even if it's just a bearing. I had to have a clutch job on an MX-5 once because of a bad £3 spigot bearing!

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds