BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Do I have the OEM wind deflectors installed in the right channel?

More
22 Mar 2023 17:56 #248170 by GandHisJimny
Hi all,

Recently bought the OEM wind deflectors (suzuki-shop.co.uk/Wind-Deflector-Set--Suzuki-Jimny : SKU 00800-87530) and because I am an idiot and have never installed something like this before I cannot understand the instructions.

Are they supposed to go in the same channel as the window pane itself or the rubber outer one (where I currently have it, see photo below)?

I ask because my window has been a bit juddery & rattly since I installed them, it's clearly a tight fit, and I'm not sure if that's just down to the design or me putting it in the wrong channel. As you can see in the photo it stresses the fitting a bit, so wondering if this is right.

File Attachment:

Ta,
George

Jimmer II (2007 JLX+ auto in black & silver) : Android head unit, Black Raptor Steering Damper, Yokohama Geolandar G015s, rear cabin light, OEM wind deflectors

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Mar 2023 17:58 #248171 by GandHisJimny
And the instructions I lack the brain cells to comprehend:

File Attachment:

Jimmer II (2007 JLX+ auto in black & silver) : Android head unit, Black Raptor Steering Damper, Yokohama Geolandar G015s, rear cabin light, OEM wind deflectors

More
22 Mar 2023 18:07 #248172 by mark a franklin
Not fitted right
Edge should sit on black rubber

More
22 Mar 2023 18:16 #248173 by GandHisJimny
Oh dear. So they sit in the same channel as the window itself? Buddy buddy, right up against the glass?

More
23 Mar 2023 15:30 #248192 by mark a franklin
Attachments:

More
28 Mar 2023 16:21 #248287 by GandHisJimny
Thank you, this was perfect and I fitted them properly after you replied but forgot to respond! No idea why it caused me so much consternation. I think I wasn't ready to bend them as much as needed!

The following user(s) said Thank You: mark a franklin

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds