× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

BF Goodrich ATK02 Fuel Consumption

More
23 Oct 2023 12:12 #251680 by DrRobin
Fuel efficiency of a Dueler HT is C, it's E for the KO2. That is probably the difference from 38MPG to 33.4MPG.

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Oct 2023 22:01 #251721 by Williams
All very interesting stuff, Maths aside me and my Jimny have driven 20000mls together in the last 14months so now know it quite well and am very sensitive to changes in a vehicle. The speed readings are off GPS but agree I can see a tiny MPH increase against RPM on the speedo. One observation is that on the original tyres when I pushed the Jimny out of the garage (to save cold engine start) it was a very easy push with one hand, but now with the AT tyres its a proper push to get it moving (or maybe I've got weaker). Lifting the BF GR AT next to the Dueler tyres when the tyres were changed over it's not a surprise that the BF Goodrich was considerably heaver with one in each hand. I'm very happy with the tyres, I'm merely making the observation and how it's changed the vehicle. The one thing I'm really impressed with is there is no more road noise compared to the original tyres which is surprising given how aggressive the tyre looks.

More
24 Oct 2023 22:45 #251722 by Busta
Why are you pushing your car out of the garage?!

More
25 Oct 2023 07:17 #251728 by Roger Fairclough
Maybe he can't get in it until it is outside. Yes, it's a bit tenuous, but it is possible.

Roger

More
25 Oct 2023 08:41 #251729 by jackonlyjack
I can't understand why people are so obsessed with mpg 
If you want 40+ mpg then maybe buy an hdi diesel engined car
I get 150 miles to the tank (enjoying every mile) then fill it up again 
Gen3 sat on 7.50 16'S with 20psi in each tyre 
It's a Jimny just enjoy it 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
25 Oct 2023 08:55 #251730 by Lambert
I use fuel, I buy fuel. And as long as it's below 10 quid a litre I'll keep doing so.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: jackonlyjack

More
25 Oct 2023 10:31 #251732 by gv42
I have 3 Jimnys and enjoying the fill it up and just enjoy it
The following user(s) said Thank You: jackonlyjack

More
25 Oct 2023 12:33 #251733 by DrRobin

All very interesting stuff, Maths aside me and my Jimny have driven 20000mls together in the last 14months so now know it quite well and am very sensitive to changes in a vehicle. The speed readings are off GPS but agree I can see a tiny MPH increase against RPM on the speedo. One observation is that on the original tyres when I pushed the Jimny out of the garage (to save cold engine start) it was a very easy push with one hand, but now with the AT tyres its a proper push to get it moving (or maybe I've got weaker). Lifting the BF GR AT next to the Dueler tyres when the tyres were changed over it's not a surprise that the BF Goodrich was considerably heaver with one in each hand. I'm very happy with the tyres, I'm merely making the observation and how it's changed the vehicle. The one thing I'm really impressed with is there is no more road noise compared to the original tyres which is surprising given how aggressive the tyre looks.

Sadly the penalty for bigger, chunky tires is fuel efficiency.  You have witnessed first hand the extra weight and how much harder it is to push this is just down to the extra mass of the tires and the increased rolling resistance of the wider tyre on the ground.  Now if you notice it, the engine does as well.

I am guessing you won't go back to the Duelers so I think you will have to get used to more recent trips to the petrol station.

It slightly narks me that I have to fill up the Jimny more often than say the X3 I had but I just put up with it.  Mind I have two cars, had to fill the other one up yesterday, but came in my Jimny this morning and that also needed fuel.  Good job Just Stop Oil weren't there they would have thought I was doing hundreds of miles in a day.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

The following user(s) said Thank You: Roger Fairclough

More
25 Oct 2023 13:19 #251734 by Roger Fairclough
Up to £9.99 a litre sounds terrible, but no need to worry, we will have run out long before that!

Roger

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds