BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Gen 4 MOT

• Jonesie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Mar 2023 20:38 #247827 by Jonesie
Gen 4 MOT was created by Jonesie
Evening all,

Bearing in mind Gen 4’s are now readily in MOT range has anyone had any issues when going for their first MOT?

Reason I ask is I have removed my rear seats and put a front runner floor in.
The rear belts are still attached albeit 50% hidden under a LCV gen floor mat.
Someone mentioned if the belts are fitted the they have to be useable…..
So do I remove the belts completely?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Mar 2023 21:40 #247829 by Roger Fairclough
Replied by Roger Fairclough on topic Gen 4 MOT
My Gen.4 past it's MoT 2 weeks ago. I had removed the back seats and the seat belts way back but I checked with the tester beforehand and he advised me that there wouldn't be a problem. You can check with your proposed tester as too whether or not no seats but seat belts still fitted poses a problem or just remove the belts. You will need a 2 ohm resister per belt to tell the computer the belts are still there.

Roger

More
01 Mar 2023 22:37 #247831 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic Gen 4 MOT
Had my second MOT in January, no issues. I have one belt clipped out of the way and it wasn't mentioned.

More
02 Mar 2023 11:19 - 02 Mar 2023 11:25 #247841 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic Gen 4 MOT
If there are no rear seats fitted then the seat belts aren't tested. The tester will issue an advisory that no rear seat were fitted at the time of the test.
Last edit: 02 Mar 2023 11:25 by Busta.

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds