BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Bonnet Latch

More
14 Dec 2022 21:45 #246367 by JINXED2007
Bonnet Latch was created by JINXED2007
I opened my bonnet this morning to fill the washer bottle up, when i closed the bonnet it is snagging on the first inital latch but not closing completely. Any ideas before I take to garage,  Suzuki Jimny 2003

TIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Dec 2022 21:57 #246369 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Bonnet Latch
Is it just clogged with muck or ice or lack of grease?

Do you normally close it by dropping it from a few inches or do you close it slowly and then the final close by pushing with your hands?

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
15 Dec 2022 03:59 #246372 by Mike G
Replied by Mike G on topic Bonnet Latch
I had that issue a short while ago.  I just loosened off the catch, adjusted it up a bit and then retightened them.  That fixed it for me.

2" Trailmaster suspension lift, 2"body lift, snorkel, full breather kit, 29" steel wheels with BFG tyres, tinted rear windows, CRT CB radio with modulator antenna mounted on rear, dog cage and tray in the back.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
15 Dec 2022 06:05 #246376 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Bonnet Latch
It's also possible that the little screw in rubber bungs at either side of the bonnet need a little adjustment.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
15 Dec 2022 11:03 #246384 by fordem
Replied by fordem on topic Bonnet Latch

I opened my bonnet this morning to fill the washer bottle up, when i closed the bonnet it is snagging on the first inital latch but not closing completely. Any ideas before I take to garage,  Suzuki Jimny 2003

TIA

There are two different mechanisms in play here - that first "initial latch" is a separate spring loaded safety catch that is there to stop the bonnet from flying up and blocking your view if the cable operated latch somehow releases (or is released) - from what you describe the cable operated latch is not holding, try pushing the release handle under the dash back, it may be binding, it could also be a lack of lube as has been suggested.

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds