BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Aftermarket headers

More
29 Sep 2022 10:43 - 29 Sep 2022 12:34 #245198 by Mike G
Aftermarket headers was created by Mike G
Afternoon all,

Wondering if anyone can offer any advise as to whether these headers would fit on a 2007 UK gen 3 jimny.

I didn't think there was any difference between 2005 and later years on m13 engines (at least in the UK). However I've no idea about the Aussie market.

Perhaps it is something to do with the M13a and M13aa engine difference? If there is one....

Otherwise, I think my only option will have to be a custom set made up.

2" Trailmaster suspension lift, 2"body lift, snorkel, full breather kit, 29" steel wheels with BFG tyres, tinted rear windows, CRT CB radio with modulator antenna mounted on rear, dog cage and tray in the back.
Attachments:
Last edit: 29 Sep 2022 12:34 by Mike G.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Sep 2022 16:53 #245204 by jackonlyjack
Replied by jackonlyjack on topic Aftermarket headers
Yes they will fit 
Just remember you will have to pay customs taxes it cost me £55 could be more now 
Ordered mine around 4 years ago 

More
29 Sep 2022 17:38 #245207 by Mike G
Replied by Mike G on topic Aftermarket headers
That's brilliant, thanks Jack.   

The tax man will be rubbing his hands with glee I expect.  I'll get mine ordered now and hopefully it will be in country within a few weeks.

2" Trailmaster suspension lift, 2"body lift, snorkel, full breather kit, 29" steel wheels with BFG tyres, tinted rear windows, CRT CB radio with modulator antenna mounted on rear, dog cage and tray in the back.

More
30 Sep 2022 06:39 #245224 by saxj
Replied by saxj on topic Aftermarket headers
Just check that you are going to meet your local emissions regulations. By fitting the headers you will be removing one of the catalytic converters.

More
30 Sep 2022 07:19 #245226 by Mike G
Thanks,

I'll be changing the whole exhaust system as I believe the exit from the manifold is in a different position from my existing one.   I'll also be going down the stand alone ECU road as I'm doing a 1.6 conversion also. Should be able to get it through emissions once all the work is done. Whenever that may be.

More
30 Sep 2022 08:03 #245227 by sniper
Replied by sniper on topic Aftermarket headers
Cracking piece of kit, fitted mine on a 1300 with a stainless 2" sports cat (200cpa) single box system from Tony Banks in Leeds. Made a big difference on the 1300 and now copes with the 1600 fine. Lots more torque but once you get a standalone and get the 1600 mapped, much more early and mid range grunt.    

Sounds ok and no problems with emissions on the standard ecu or the standalone....

sniper
Attachments:

More
30 Sep 2022 08:08 - 01 Oct 2022 15:05 #245229 by Mike G
That is reassuring.  I see you've went with a resonator.  Think that is a definite must for me as well, trading in a negligible performance loss for some sanity and silence.  Did the new manifold fit using the original gasket for the OEM manifold?

Last edit: 01 Oct 2022 15:05 by Mike G.

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds