BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Wheel spacers gen4

More
19 Aug 2022 14:16 #244612 by Phooey
Wheel spacers gen4 was created by Phooey
Hi, has anyone put wheel spacers on a standard LCV gen4? If so any recommendations or pitfalls? 

Hoping to put a set of BF Goodrich KO2 215/75/15 on it and possibly wheel spacers : )

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Aug 2022 14:40 #244614 by fordem
Replied by fordem on topic Wheel spacers gen4
215.75R15 will fit just fine, without wheel spacers, I suggest you add mud flaps, or you will end up with muck & grime all over the paintwork.

As for the wheel spacers, I can't think why you would want them, you certainly don't need them (the 215/75R15 will be flush with the plastic flares), depending on where you are, they may be illegal to fit, and since they will push the 215/75R15 tires out past the flares, that might be another legal issue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phooey

More
19 Aug 2022 14:46 #244615 by Phooey
Replied by Phooey on topic Wheel spacers gen4
Thanks fordem, i didn't realise the wheels (steels) would be flush with the 215/75's - i was just watching a Youtube vid and this guy added spacers so i just assumed i needed them too lol

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
19 Aug 2022 17:58 #244621 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Wheel spacers gen4
Also wheel spacers have a very negative impact on wheel bearing service intervals and kingpin bearing service intervals too. Something to think about if you do fit some.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
19 Aug 2022 19:43 - 19 Aug 2022 19:45 #244628 by fordem
Replied by fordem on topic Wheel spacers gen4

Thanks fordem, i didn't realise the wheels (steels) would be flush with the 215/75's - i was just watching a Youtube vid and this guy added spacers so i just assumed i needed them too lol

This is the special edition "Jimny Safari", running 215/75R15 on stock streel rims. The tires are flush with the flares, the steel wheels are not.
Attachments:
Last edit: 19 Aug 2022 19:45 by fordem. Reason: Clarification.

More
21 Aug 2022 07:59 #244663 by Phooey
Replied by Phooey on topic Wheel spacers gen4
Thanks, that looks bloody fantastic!

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds