BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Jimny 55 plate CD Player not working

• DerkDiglett
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Jan 2021 04:55 #232161 by DerkDiglett
Replied by DerkDiglett on topic Jimny 55 plate CD Player not working
Thanks Robin & Lambert. I'll get on that then when I next get chance. When you say undeath the dashboard, do I need to remove the dashboard trim or is it literally underneath where the passengers feet are? Sorry if this is a silly question LOL.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
25 Jan 2021 07:10 #232165 by Lambert
When you took the trim off to install the new radio you will have seen there is loads of space above the radio and to either side of the air vent ducting, I would secure it up there with some double sided tape or similar. Neat and tidy like.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DerkDiglett

• DerkDiglett
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Jan 2021 05:40 #232243 by DerkDiglett
Replied by DerkDiglett on topic Jimny 55 plate CD Player not working
Thanks Lambert! I should of asked this question before fitting my radio I think! Would this space also work with a DAB dongle or would I need to place this somewhere else? Is there a way of connecting a DAB dongle to the existing car areal?

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
27 Jan 2021 06:50 #232244 by Lambert
Dunno, Spare Jimny came with a DAB unit installed and the antenna is in the top left corner of the front screen. My understanding was they had to be in a window but it's been 15 years since I last fitted DAB so things will have changed.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
27 Jan 2021 08:31 #232248 by lightning
You can buy an adaptor lead that allows the DAB radio to connect to your ordinary aerial, along with the FM
lt saves you fitting the DAB aerial, if you don't want it stuck on the windscreen.

lt costs around £5, l fitted one to my Defender when l
installed a DAB radio and it works fine.

More
27 Jan 2021 13:56 #232255 by DrRobin
Mine is in the top left hand corner of the windscreen, seems to work well. It was easy to route the cable and attach the earth to the 'A' pillar.

The windscreen antennas have a small low noise amplifier, so if you get an adapter check it has an amplifier, otherwise you might not get enough signals.

With all of the problems of noise on my other car the DAB dongle is in the boot (long USB cable) and I used a mag mount antenna on the boot. That doesn't have an amp, but works just as well.

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds