BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Tyre Size

• ColinTheViking
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Nov 2020 09:01 - 16 Nov 2020 09:02 #230083 by ColinTheViking
Tyre Size was created by ColinTheViking
Right so my Jimny has been on 235's since 2007, basically from new. I decided that it would need to go down to 215's when I bought it in February as the gearing hasn't been changed to suit 235's. Soon I'm going to be getting a 2 inch lift and thought would I be able to put 235's on again? I already know without a lift it barely scraped so with the lift it should be fine. Now the gearing is where the issue's can start however it spent 13 years on 235's and never had an issue... should I even worry about putting these larger tyres on then? I hardly off-road its probably 95% road use I just like the aesthetics of larger tyres. There was hardly a difference in response and power when I went from 235's to 215's so power changes and MPG will not really make a massive difference either.
Last edit: 16 Nov 2020 09:02 by ColinTheViking.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
16 Nov 2020 12:04 #230089 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Tyre Size
Ultimately its your car and as long as you can live with the consequences of the bigger tyres then go for it.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• ColinTheViking
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Nov 2020 14:56 #230103 by ColinTheViking
Replied by ColinTheViking on topic Tyre Size
What are the consequences? Is gearing change a difficult job?

More
16 Nov 2020 15:28 - 16 Nov 2020 15:33 #230104 by jackonlyjack
Replied by jackonlyjack on topic Tyre Size
It's the cost gearing changes aren't cheap
I already have 4:16 transfer
Now thinking of a bigger lift and 215 85 16's
Attachments:
Last edit: 16 Nov 2020 15:33 by jackonlyjack.

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds