BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:Re:Re:Eibach 25mm pro lift springs

More
21 Jan 2021 07:14 #232024 by sniper
Replied by sniper on topic Eibach 25mm pro lift springs
Jamin - Pleased you've found them an improvement, try and match them to good dampers if you can, you'll get even more from them.....

Having now moved up to 30" tyres, also to muds from AT's, the suspension is still performing well. I have been spending a bit of time at a mates farm and I drive his private lanes a lot faster than I do on byways. The suspension loves it, still need to work on the bumpstops and to make a little more room in the front arches but handling wise it's spot on for now.... 

sniper

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jan 2021 14:07 #232036 by McVicar
Hi guys, I have a 2004 Jimny with 75k on the clock. I don't off road and use it mostly for getting to work and back, 7 miles each way 95% country lanes. I love driving it but it can be quite jarring over large bumps. What would be the best thing to do to make the suspension softer and ride more like a normal road car. I presume new shocks would be better than ones with 75k under their belt but I know nothing about cars so would get a local garage to fit. What should I ask him to fit. Springs and dampers? If so. standard or aftermarket? All advice welcome. Thanks.

More
21 Jan 2021 16:31 - 21 Jan 2021 16:36 #232039 by Scimike
Hi McVicar
This is a very hard question to answer with any certainty. One of the main issues is suspension upgrade results are based on personal experience and the starting condition of the vehicle, it's impossible to make a comparison between the options.
Based on my readings absolutely any change is better than factory or whatever was fitted before, in comfort and  articulation (with a lift). I have no doubt this is true for the all those that have done so, but how do you compare to your vehicle and know you will be happy with the result?
The Jimny is a design configuration that promotes a "jaring" ride so is never going to get to car like comfort with any suspension change.
I personally would love to find a way to offer some comparison method and remove the Human factor, but until then you will never be sure the results of any change will improves things (subject to your personal preferences). 

So before you spend any money - tyre pressure can make a big difference, I assume you are about 26PSI and not any higher?

Good luck
Mike

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 21 Jan 2021 16:36 by Scimike.

More
22 Jan 2021 14:17 #232071 by McVicar
Thanks for the reply. Tyre pressures front 23 rear 26psi. Ride is ok I just wondered if it could be made a little softer.

More
22 Jan 2021 16:04 #232076 by Scimike
Tyre pressure sounds good.
Its possible changing the dampers could make things "softer", but your best bet is to go adjustable so that you can tune the feel to your needs. I fitted adjustable rears, but for different reasons. When I set them up they offered a greater range both soft/hard compared to standard Suzuki dampers  which sort of sat in the middle of the range.
Lambert and a few others run AVOs, so this could be your first step. I think Lambert is on standard length springs, so possible feed back on the ride if this is all you change.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
22 Jan 2021 16:20 #232079 by Lambert
I have trailmaster sport dampers not avo though if I were doing it again then I would probably change, maybe? My trailmaster offer a firm ride but in conjunction with my recaro seats it's very comfortable. My springs are standard height replacement from suplex and Monroe and really compliment the dampers well. I have flex off road, stability when towing and very mature solo handling on twisted back roads.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
22 Jan 2021 17:17 #232082 by McVicar
Lambert, if you were doing it again what would you recommend to just make for a more comfortable ride on tarmac only.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
22 Jan 2021 18:52 #232088 by Lambert
Either trailmaster comfort or avo adjustable set to softer. Spring wise probably same again suplex front and Monroe rear in standard height.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
22 Jan 2021 20:35 #232094 by McVicar
Thank you

• Jamin
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Jan 2021 00:56 #232100 by Jamin
Replied by Jamin on topic Re:Re:Re:Eibach 25mm pro lift springs
If you read the thread you'll find your answer.

More
23 Jan 2021 07:49 #232101 by McVicar
Yeah, thanks for that.

More
04 Feb 2021 14:03 #232466 by McVicar
The question of tyre pressures got me thinking. I reduced my tyre pressures from 23/26 to 22/24 and am amazed at how much softer the ride is. I know the implications re handling, fuel economy and tyre wear but I can live with that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Busta

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds