BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Getting it sorted.

More
31 Jul 2020 14:36 #225896 by Roger Fairclough
I knew before I collected her that I would be making changes to Tonka and it was just a matter of time before one such change concerned the interior rear view mirror. It wasn't a problem on right hand bends but left hand, especially tight ones and worse still down into the bend and uphill out of it were a night mare. I am 6'2" and I would have to bend down and to the right to stand any chance of seeing what, if anything was coming. Solution was simple ( call it a brainwave, her indoors says I have them now and again ) I just twisted the mirror so that it faced edge on to my line of sight. My two eyes focused on the edge and virtually eliminated it. No more problems. Obviously I cant use the mirror for what it was intended but van, bus, coach, truck and caravan drivers cope so why not me. Only time will tell but so far no problems in just using door mirrors.

Roger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GeorgeC
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Jul 2020 17:31 - 31 Jul 2020 18:29 #225900 by GeorgeC
Replied by GeorgeC on topic Getting it sorted.
There is a Tall chap down here (Aus) that has a solution to the Interior Mirror problem: www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10159116...type=3&theater&ifg=1

If you can't access the page, PM Matthew on his Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/matthew.errey I just asked Matthew to respond to this topic.

Attachments:
Last edit: 31 Jul 2020 18:29 by GeorgeC.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds