BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New Jimny waiting list

More
27 Mar 2019 14:26 #205139 by OctaneJimny
Replied by OctaneJimny on topic New Jimny waiting list
Hi,
Brand new to the forum here. I thought I'd share my experience so far.

I placed my deposit down for an SZ5 last November being told January was the date I would receive a car. I was 5 on the list by this point. My dealer was expecting 5 cars in January, only received 3, 1 to be used as a demo. So actually only 2 orders were fulfilled. I was then somehow 1st on the list and have been since January.

Cut to Mid March where I was told I would have an update. Called my dealer, they had nothing to tell me, all the usual blah blah that you guys have experienced. So I emailed Suzuki UK and also found a contact for Suzuki Japan and emailed them to. Both those emails found there way back to my dealer which got raised as a complaint(it was a request for information) which my dealer wasn't happy about when he called me to ask why I made a complaint. I explained I just wanted something, a date, a year just something because it was starting to affect my plans for the year as 18k isn't a small sum of money.

Monday(25th of March) I have received an email from my dealer confirming the arrival of 3 cars that wil be arriving in May. I have the first choice of the manual cars. They will be receiving 1 silky silver SZ4, Chiffon Ivory SZ5 and 1 auto model. I have gone for the SZ5, my 3rd colour choice. Finally some confirmation! Still holding my breath a bit though. Until I see the car I won't be happy.

I'm hoping for everyone else this means you will finally be getting some information filtering through yourselves.

www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...-ivory-manual#210539
Instagram: OctaneJimny
FB: Suzuki Jimny 4th gen (JB64 JB74) owners club

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Mar 2019 15:00 #205141 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic New Jimny waiting list

OctaneJimny wrote: Hi,
Brand new to the forum here. I thought I'd share my experience so far.

I placed my deposit down for an SZ5 last November being told January was the date I would receive a car. I was 5 on the list by this point. My dealer was expecting 5 cars in January, only received 3, 1 to be used as a demo. So actually only 2 orders were fulfilled. I was then somehow 1st on the list and have been since January.

Cut to Mid March where I was told I would have an update. Called my dealer, they had nothing to tell me, all the usual blah blah that you guys have experienced. So I emailed Suzuki UK and also found a contact for Suzuki Japan and emailed them to. Both those emails found there way back to my dealer which got raised as a complaint(it was a request for information) which my dealer wasn't happy about when he called me to ask why I made a complaint. I explained I just wanted something, a date, a year just something because it was starting to affect my plans for the year as 18k isn't a small sum of money.

Monday(25th of March) I have received an email from my dealer confirming the arrival of 3 cars that wil be arriving in May. I have the first choice of the manual cars. They will be receiving 1 silky silver SZ4, Chiffon Ivory SZ5 and 1 auto model. I have gone for the SZ5, my 3rd colour choice. Finally some confirmation! Still holding my breath a bit though. Until I see the car I won't be happy.

I'm hoping for everyone else this means you will finally be getting some information filtering through yourselves.

Hi and welcome first of all. Nice to have you along.

On topic.......

Now....this is where i have major concerns. I have just been told (but to be double conformed by suzi GB) that there will be no Q2 allocation to any dealer, or rather Q2 will land on the ground not April/May/June but by Post-June earliest. I asked how this would still be a Q2 allocation, but told it was... cus it was. My father was here, he heard the same as I.

So how is it that your dealer can make that statement??? It just bugs the heck out of me.

I'm certainly not doubting your info, but rather the statements coming out the Suzuki network. Arrrgggghhhhhhhh !!!

But welcome :-)

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Mar 2019 15:17 #205143 by Andy2640

GeorgeC wrote: I may be asking the obvious, but does anyone else here get the impression that Suzuki (GB, JA, AUS) and some dealers are "reading the mail"? PM is ok on this.

What gives you that impression?

Besides.....i couldnt give 2 stuffs ;-)

More
27 Mar 2019 15:53 #205145 by OctaneJimny
Replied by OctaneJimny on topic New Jimny waiting list
Thank you for the warm welcome!

I've heard rumours of no Q2 allocations but I haven't seen anything solid on it. You may not be doubting my info but I certainly am, like I said I'm not going to be happy with it until I physically see the car on the forecourt with a welcoming "come on in and we will finish up the paperwork". I will be posting any update/further info I can find out in the meantime on here. It may have the a case of "this will shut him up for a while" as I've been badgering them.

Even if the month of May isn't quite correct they seem to know what cars they are getting in terms of spec and colour which is certainly a positive after a frustrating 4 months of nothing.

www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...-ivory-manual#210539
Instagram: OctaneJimny
FB: Suzuki Jimny 4th gen (JB64 JB74) owners club

More
27 Mar 2019 16:05 #205147 by ZT260
Replied by ZT260 on topic New Jimny waiting list
Q2 cars arriving in July (Q3) would make it no different to the current situation that loads of Q1 cars are still to be delivered to dealers, so won't be with customers until Q2 anyway - a bummer for some dealers apparently who will miss their bonus targets due to failure to deliver from Suzuki UK (i.e. Dealer was definitely told they would be with them in Q1).

How about someone organises a bus to Zebrugge and then everyone can just drive them back from there....given they've been sat there for 6 weeks now.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Mar 2019 16:09 #205148 by Andy2640

ZT260 wrote: Q2 cars arriving in July (Q3) would make it no different to the current situation that loads of Q1 cars are still to be delivered to dealers, so won't be with customers until Q2 anyway - a bummer for some dealers apparently who will miss their bonus targets due to failure to deliver from Suzuki UK (i.e. Dealer was definitely told they would be with them in Q1).

How about someone organises a bus to Zebrugge and then everyone can just drive them back from there....given they've been sat there for 6 weeks now.

Yeah ...... fair point. So are we saying then that a Q4 delivery wont be a q4, but rather piled in with a Q1 2020??

Kinda defeats the purpose of Quarterly deliveries dont it.

If your a pedantic type like me...... The Jimny waiting journey will make mince meat of your mind. I know ;-)

More
27 Mar 2019 16:17 #205149 by ZT260
Replied by ZT260 on topic New Jimny waiting list
To a greater extent this process for Suzuki seems to be more about 'allocations' than deliveries. In so much as Suzuki UK tell a dealer what they have coming (the allocation) for the start of a given period, and then aim to get the cars delivered at some point...hopefully before the next allocation.

Just to re-state the obvious - Suzuki UK have played a blinder here...in how not to do customer service.

More
27 Mar 2019 17:15 #205150 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list
Q2 allocations are announced today for some dealers

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Mar 2019 17:42 #205152 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list

mlines wrote: Q2 allocations are announced today for some dealers

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Im so balls deep into this thing.....That im now getting tied in knots with its complexity.

I'm all at sea...all at sea.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
27 Mar 2019 18:18 #205155 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list
Don't worry, be happy! Ooooh oh oh ooooh oh wooooo etc.

Sorry.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Mar 2019 18:20 #205157 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list
I prefer this one....

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
27 Mar 2019 18:27 #205159 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list
A pessimist sees a glass half empty. An optimist sees a glass half full. An engineer sees a glass twice as big as it needs be!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds