× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

judder vibration at 2,000rpm

• mcvann
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 May 2015 18:09 #143911 by mcvann
judder vibration at 2,000rpm was created by mcvann
hi bought a jimny 51 plate 43,000 miles with full Suzuki service history.Had a new clutch fitted 2 weeks ago and since then ive got a vibration/noise inside car around 2,000 rpm plus its got a judder abit like a misfire.My mate is a autotuner and he's hooked it up to fault code reader and no faults.Its had new denso iridium plugs and changed rear gearbox mounting with no joy.When I bought it there was a slight missfire/judder but since new clutch its really bad around 3rd gear and 4th gear 2,000rpm.Next checks are propshafts and engine mounting....anybody got any ideas...oh and also if I am steering in revearse I get a knocking but not if I revearse in straight line....just want to do up and sell.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 May 2015 14:23 #143934 by kirkynut
I can't think how the new clutch fitment would cause it if it's not just clutch judder as you bring the clutch up and it continues as you go along.

It's strange if it wasn't there before.

I'll think on it and see if anything comes to me. I often have ureka moments whilst on the toilet, so you may have a wait if I do!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• mcvann
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 May 2015 20:04 #144295 by mcvann
Replied by mcvann on topic judder vibration at 2,000rpm
the clutch seems nice and smooth since changing but still got this vibration in 4th gear around 2,100rpm, I can only explain it like a missfire but ive had it checked and the engines ok.Its like a propshaft not running true but runs ok around 50mph onwards.I will be removing the small propshaft to check as it would have been removed when clutch was replaced.

More
16 May 2015 20:25 #144296 by Jezz
Replied by Jezz on topic judder vibration at 2,000rpm
Check the gearbox mount, Or rear engine mount as it properly known.

It's been fettled just a tad.

• JimnyManREME
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 May 2015 23:38 #144305 by JimnyManREME
Replied by JimnyManREME on topic judder vibration at 2,000rpm
There is always the possibility that the new clutch parts were not correctly balanced.

• mcvann
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 May 2015 17:30 #144331 by mcvann
so today ive removed the propshaft from gearbox to transfer box and when you move the uj's they feel knotchy and not smooth and the propshaft from transfer box to rear axle, movement in the uj and also feels knotchy not smooth.

• mcvann
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 May 2015 17:32 #144332 by mcvann
hello, this mounting has been replaced 1st job I did...still same

More
30 Aug 2020 15:53 #227557 by roughnready
Just bought a 2004, 69k on the clock.Same problem but at just under 2k revs. Also had new clutch and exhaust recently. Sounds like running on a rumble stip unless I'm trhrashing it. Judder often results in a stall when reversing or pulling away slowly. Although could just be me I guess.Watching keenly for a fix.

I'm too old for this stuff!

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
30 Aug 2020 16:11 #227560 by Lambert
Have you serviced it recently and replaced the plugs? I had a problem at 2000 rpm and it was the plugs had not been torqued correctly. Otherwise it could also be the plug leads failing.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Gravydave
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Sep 2020 11:51 #227678 by Gravydave
Replied by Gravydave on topic judder vibration at 2,000rpm
Owned 2008 jimny for 2 weeks. 82000 miles on clock i get same bad vibes between 2000 and 2500 revs. Seems to be in 2nd and 3rd gear most noticeably whilst accelerating. If gear changes are timed right I don't experience them at all but miss out on the best acceleration path through the gears. Following this for possible ideas/solutions thanks in advance.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
03 Sep 2020 13:07 #227681 by Lambert
On a 2008 its just as likely to be the gearbox on it's way out. They are noted for a bearing lubrication issue between 2005 and 2009. The fix is a rebuild with sealed type bearings.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Gravydave
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Sep 2020 15:54 #227685 by Gravydave
Replied by Gravydave on topic judder vibration at 2,000rpm
Sounds expensive is there anyway of knowing its a gearbox bearing without removal and strip down of gearbox. I still have warranty left on the engine and transmission. It would be good to know cause for sure before wrangling with the warranty. Thanks for any advice.

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds