BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:What did you do to your jimny today?

More
04 Mar 2024 17:39 #254791 by paul2u
time has come for me to say that's you retired ! inner sills are gone and i don't have the means to fix it all up is a cracking machine , but hey ho we all get that way

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Mar 2024 14:01 #254825 by DrRobin
Fitted LED DRL and fog lamps from the BigJimny store.

First is the DRL, LED on left, halogen on the right of the picture.

Now the fog, LED on left, halogen on the right of the picture.

I followed the wiki guide, all straight forward, took about 30 minutes for the first side and about 15 mins for the second.  I did have to remove more plastic fixings than the wiki guide suggested but it was obvious enough. 

The DRL went in smooth with a small amount of Silicone spray.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

Attachments:

More
05 Mar 2024 14:06 #254826 by DrRobin
Blind spot mirrors

They allow you to see both front and back wheels although the front view is not great, it does work. 

They came from eBay, they are well enough made but I doubt they would survive in a city where people like to brush past your car.  I also doubt they will survive a tree or bush when off-roading.

Robin

Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4

Attachments:

More
05 Mar 2024 14:08 #254827 by DrRobin
Fitted anchor points in the load area (5 on each side). M6 Stainless eye bolts with black nylon washers.

Should stop my dog from going anywhere.

Robin

Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4

Attachments:

• rogerzilla
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Mar 2024 17:35 - 06 Mar 2024 15:28 #254831 by rogerzilla
Replied by rogerzilla on topic What did you do to your jimny today?
Took out the cage.  When the longer bolts and spacers arrive, I'll angle the bulkhead back clear of the seats.  About 40mm will do it (I bought M6 x 50mm bolts).The driving position will be spot on then.  I wanted to keep the cage but I couldn't quite get the seat right for longer journeys, my eyes tended to focus on it in the rear view mirror, and it made twisting round to reverse more difficult.

Update: bolts didn't come but I found some long M6 machine screws and used M8 nuts as spacers so I can drive the car in the meantime.  I needed six nuts to get a bit of clearance from the seat back, which is 38mm of spacers.
Last edit: 06 Mar 2024 15:28 by rogerzilla.

More
07 Mar 2024 14:49 - 07 Mar 2024 14:50 #254887 by Pete
Broke down on the middle of the M4 bridge and waited on the side of the road for 3hrs. Guess I'm in the market for a new alternator.

Rocky | 2004 Gen3 M13a
Attachments:
Last edit: 07 Mar 2024 14:50 by Pete.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Darthblaker7474

• rogerzilla
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Mar 2024 15:33 #254888 by rogerzilla
Replied by rogerzilla on topic What did you do to your jimny today?
Oh dear.  Did the red light come on?  On most cars you get about 40 minutes on the battery, assuming no lights, blower or other electrical loads apart from the ignition and the ECU.

More
08 Mar 2024 09:24 - 08 Mar 2024 09:25 #254900 by Pete
The ABS and airbags light came on, not the battery, right after that I lost revs and slowed to a stop. I do have some lose LED connection in the back of the dashboard, so sometimes the backlights go out ... wondering if there are other loose LEDs meant the battery light didn't show.

Right up to that I had underseat sub and music going, along with blower and lights :D

Rocky | 2004 Gen3 M13a
Last edit: 08 Mar 2024 09:25 by Pete.

More
08 Mar 2024 18:37 #254932 by gv42
Fitted Badboy classic seats ( drrobin recommended them) with dave marsh racing seat bases

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert, Darthblaker7474, Soeley, DrRobin

• rogerzilla
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Mar 2024 10:21 #254961 by rogerzilla
Replied by rogerzilla on topic Re:What did you do to your jimny today?
Had another go at fitting some very expensive P13W DRL LEDs.  There is no way they'll go in as the "wiggle" necessary to fit bulbs into the housing is thwarted by the length and diameter of the metal heatsink.  The supplier has agreed to take them back and I've ordered the BigJimny ones, which aren't as pretty but are much smaller in diameter.

More
11 Mar 2024 21:10 - 11 Mar 2024 21:10 #255024 by Darthblaker7474
File Attachment:

Replaced my seat base/foam today!
Last edit: 11 Mar 2024 21:10 by Darthblaker7474.

More
11 Mar 2024 22:20 #255027 by DrRobin
Looking good GV42.

My missus has decided she doesn’t want a BB6 back in my new Jimny, so I am a bit stuck. I think I might put both of my BB6 seats and Master Forest bases up for sale, then possibly go for just a drivers seat in a few months/years time, when my Gen 4 is out of warranty. It just doesn’t make sense hanging on to two seats both of which won’t get used.

Robin.

Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4

The following user(s) said Thank You: gv42

Time to create page: 0.397 seconds