BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:What did you do to your jimny today?

More
07 Dec 2023 13:29 #252695 by Soeley
Today I have just done the 6000 mile 5-tyre rotation. Measured the tread depth and they are all wearing pretty evenly they are averaging 5.5 to 6.0 mm. I also checked the pressures and topped up where necessary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Dec 2023 14:44 - 11 Dec 2023 18:07 #252697 by IDP
getting reading for MOT. Play in front wheel. King pin bearings! One king pin snapped where pin is welded to flange - so now need to get new king pins as well as bearings. May as well have a clean up of brakes etc whist waiting for parts. Bit cold out though so in for a hot Ribena and a break.
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 Dec 2023 18:07 by IDP. Reason: Added pictures

More
11 Dec 2023 14:46 #252802 by DrRobin
I checked the drive belts today, the alternator belt was a lot slacker than I would have thought, so it was tightened such that the belt turns through a 1/4 turn.

The A/C belt appeared to be spot on, strange that as they were both replaced at the same time, but I guess there is always load on the alternator belt and not always on the A/C.

I also checked the crank pulley as that was replaced with the belts, no wobble at all.

Encouraged on by finding the belt a little slack, I topped up the screen wash and cleaned the crud off my manual hubs, then gave them a polish. Manual hub cleaning is a constant event, the ali seems to oxidise whilst you look at it.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
11 Dec 2023 18:08 #252805 by IDP
Car washed ready for mot tomorrow, just need to adjust handbrake..

More
15 Dec 2023 13:10 #252893 by Bradders91
Changed transfer box fluid after reduction gears have had time to bed in

Extended gearbox and transfer case breathers up to engine bay

Fitted throttle controller for more responsive drive (so good)

Began speaker/subwoofer install with 3d printed mounts 

Busy evening!

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
15 Dec 2023 13:53 #252896 by Lambert
Today I have been mostly reapplying waxoyl to the rear wheel wells, as for reasons I don't fully understand some but not all of it that I applied a couple of months back has come off. It wasn't perfect conditions as while it wasn't actively raining at the time it was quite damp but that's never been a problem before. Also spare jimny was done at the same time and is still perfect?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
15 Dec 2023 16:40 #252898 by Phaeton
Went up 2 Byways today on the way back from the F-I-L's house, scratched both sides of the car & was very disappointed in one way that it did both without having to resort to 4WD, but on the other hand very happy that I didn't have to resort to 4WD

• rogerzilla
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Dec 2023 11:06 - 28 Dec 2023 11:07 #253118 by rogerzilla
Replied by rogerzilla on topic What did you do to your jimny today?
Booked it into the garage to have a sticking caliper replaced (it was freed up four months ago by the supplying dealer, so not worth faffing with it again).

I'd DIY but the weather is rubbish.
Last edit: 28 Dec 2023 11:07 by rogerzilla.

More
04 Jan 2024 19:34 - 04 Jan 2024 19:35 #253253 by GandHisJimny
Went out and bought some WD40 degreaser to spray in the locks, which I then relubricated with silicone lube. Turns out the guy who owned the car before me packed the locks out with ungodly amounts of what I think was white lithium grease. So much that the lock would barely spin, I genuinely thought I'd snap something the first time I tried to use the non-remote spare key.

The guy obviously loved the stuff because it's in all the door hinges too. Which frankly I am grateful for because there's no rust there on the back door but the amount in the locks was just crazy lol. No point in having a spare key that barely works because of it! All sorted now.

Jimmer II (2007 JLX+ auto in black & silver) : Android head unit, Black Raptor Steering Damper, Yokohama Geolandar G015s, rear cabin light, OEM wind deflectors
Last edit: 04 Jan 2024 19:35 by GandHisJimny.

More
04 Jan 2024 19:53 #253255 by Phaeton
Removed all the 6 rubber bushes from the front radius arms, clean them up tomorrow, paint & then put the new polybushes in, ready for the weekend 

More
05 Jan 2024 00:31 #253258 by yakuza
Held a bag of warm water up against the solenoids for 3 minutes to get it into 4wd.

Driving alot of dry cold asfalt today not daring to switch it back into 2wd. Went fine but must be a strain on it.. Try to aim for snow and ice spots and edges to relieve it.
Side roads are ice so need the 4x4.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

More
05 Jan 2024 14:23 #253265 by Soeley
Not me, but the garage.
5th year MOT passed, no advisories and 62500 mile service at actual 33110 miles. 

Time to create page: 0.446 seconds