BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

CV Joints on Ebay

More
16 Feb 2010 12:58 #2304 by Baz2236
CV Joints on Ebay was created by Baz2236
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationHi Guys just to let you know when / if you smash a CV joint don't bother buying one from these guys on Ebay Its the wrong one, I have told them but they says its because I have a different one in my Jimny.

I thought I was going to get a bargain for only £22 quid I should of known that Suzuki bits are more expensive then that.

I should hopefully get a refund from them and have just order 1 froms camskill so hopefully be back on the road by the weekend.

Baz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Feb 2010 13:21 #2305 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:CV Joints on Ebay
I think there is a general rule with Suzukis, if the part is cheap then its the wrong one! A couple of us have been down that path with the wheel bearings!

There is some hope on the horizon, Rob from this forum seems to have found a source of cheap Tie-Rod ends. The part numbers do seem to tie (no pun intended) up and once he confirms it actually fits, I will post further info. Up to now I have really struggled to find tie-rod ends at below £45 each but it now looks as if the manufacturer has not listed them as being suitable for Jimnys when they are. If you look up "Jimny" on the manufacturers website it fails to list anything. When you look up the part number (ie a reverse lookup) it comes up with....Jimny! So you have to know the part number before you can look up the part number - crazy!
Currently seem to be about £18+VAT

Martin

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
16 Feb 2010 13:32 #2307 by Baz2236
Replied by Baz2236 on topic Re:CV Joints on Ebay
It seems Camskill are having trouble geting CV Joints as well

Hi,
At the moment neither us or ADL blueprint have stock of this cv joint and furthermore ADL cant give us a due date as to when they are getting some more. Would you like us to try and find a different supplier for this part? Please advise

Camskill

Maybe I won't be back on the road this weekend.

More
16 Feb 2010 13:35 #2308 by mlines
I have found these guys - www.reco-prop.com/ really good for this in the past, but NOT cheap. However if you are desperate to get on the road......

Martin

235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air

More
16 Feb 2010 13:36 #2309 by mlines
and if you speak to them please enquire about hardened ones, I would love to find a source of stronger ones!

Martin

Martin

More
16 Feb 2010 13:47 #2310 by Baz2236
Replied by Baz2236 on topic Re:CV Joints on Ebay
Camskill have found me a ADL blueprint one for only £7 more :woohoo: :laugh: :) :) :woohoo:

More
16 Feb 2010 16:17 #2311 by Garry
Replied by Garry on topic Re:CV Joints on Ebay
mlines wrote:

really struggled to find tie-rod ends at below £45 each but it now looks as if the manufacturer has not listed them as being suitable for Jimnys when they are.

Martin

Martin

i got two tie rod ends last week from my local motor factors, £17 odd for 2

More
16 Feb 2010 16:31 #2312 by mlines
jeez, clearly I was looking in the wrong place.

I have a gold plated tie rod end on my Jimny :(

Martin

Martin

More
16 Feb 2010 16:33 #2313 by Garry
Replied by Garry on topic Re:CV Joints on Ebay
ahh, if you ever have trouble with parts and prices again let me know and ill check my local place, sofar there great, ive had lots of them, brake pads, discs and shoes, tie rod ends and a few other bits

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds