BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

Jimner or Humny

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Sep 2016 08:37 #172389 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Jimner or Humny
nice mods looking good, that was some water you had there :blink:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Sep 2016 20:45 #172444 by Keithy
Replied by Keithy on topic Jimner or Humny

zukebob wrote: I haven't added to this post for a while. I am getting the expedition rails for my roof rack (finally) at the end of this week and I wanted to wait and show that along with the latest bits and pieces. As I have already replied to a post about steering stabilizers, decided that I should do an update now.

When I first purchased my Tough Dog stabilizer, I wasn't able to mount it properly due to their design (brackets) being for right hand drive. The first thing I did was modify the link bracket.

The original:

The modified:
File Attachment:

The next was the Rail bracket.

My new design was supposed to place the damper in the correct position (away from the drag link).

File Attachment:

It didn't work.

Next step…..a weld-in bracket:
File Attachment:

Looking better.
All mounted:
File Attachment:

That is what I wanted all along. I mentioned in another post that, due to the required mods, I wouldn’t replace this with another. What I actually meant to say is that, if I had to do it again, I would choose another brand. I don’t think anyone with a right hand drive would have issues.

Truck looks great but just a quick question....what's the spring for on the damper? Does it aid centring?

• zukebob
  • zukebob's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    Registered
  • Manila, Philippines
More
17 Sep 2016 06:43 #172459 by zukebob
Replied by zukebob on topic Jimner or Humny
Yes. The spring is for a return-to-center damper. Normally they will be listed as RTC.

I started out with nothing & still have most of it left
The following user(s) said Thank You: NelsonB

• zukebob
  • zukebob's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    Registered
  • Manila, Philippines
More
17 Sep 2016 06:56 #172460 by zukebob
Replied by zukebob on topic Jimner or Humny
Daniel30 wrote:

nice mods looking good, that was some water you had there

I was really kind of shocked Dan. I had seen pictures of the flooded streets before but nothing where we live. We were driving down our road to get home and I suddenly see water gushing up out of the drains in the road like they were fountains. It gets a little intimidating. Two days after getting the snorkel and breathers installed and we faced the challenge again in the Jimny. Water up to the headlights and it pushed through without much effort. Wish I had my video camera.

I started out with nothing & still have most of it left

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Sep 2016 15:07 #172610 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Jimner or Humny
sounds like the mods were well worth it already B) think your next accessory should be a dash cam :lol: :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds