BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

winches

• Sponnie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Oct 2012 17:06 #49999 by Sponnie
Replied by Sponnie on topic Re: winches
There was second had goodwinch TDS also on eBay if its close for cash on collection.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jenky
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Oct 2012 19:32 #50029 by Jenky
Replied by Jenky on topic winches

Sponnie wrote:

Jenky wrote: Could any of you guys point me in the right direction of a compact, light weight winch that is reasonably priced?

It will be an emergency winch only. I won't be out off roading getting stuck using it to drag me out of 4ft deep mud on a weekly basis. It will only ever be used one in a blue moon (if ever) to say, pull me up a slippy bank side while out hunting.

I'm not fussed if its slow as it will only ever be used as a last resort really. Just don't want a Huge lump on the front of my little jimny.

The cheaper the better. Thanks.

I can understand the 'need' to have a winch even if its hardly ever going to get used. BUT....

It does sound like you could be better off with a Tirfor hand winch or maybe even a Hilift jack and some recovery gear?? Just could be a cheaper option.

Thanks mate, but I forgot to say I want one cause it looks cool on the front of a jimny as well lol

Willing to spend around 300 if it would be possible to get one that's small and light with just enough poke to get me out the sh*t should I ever need it.

It's the impossible quest I know but it don't look more then £300 cool to spend much more!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds