× Sell your bits!
NOTE: This is for members and their private sales/wants.
There are rules that suppliers have to follow (and many of you do follow the rules). However there have been a number of instances recently where "suppliers" have broken the rules.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum

2025 Jimny Wind Deflector Mounting Clips

More
11 Oct 2024 21:16 #257853 by atxzizou
Hi all,

I’m the proud owner of a brand new Jimny and I’ve been ordering some parts and accessories.

I ordered a set of OEM wind deflectors. I have misplaced the mounting clips and I’ve been searching all over and cannot find a replacement set.

Does anyone have a spare set they no longer use or are willing to part with. I would greatly appreciate it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Oct 2024 23:58 #257854 by facade
If you mean the 99120-78R11-000 wind deflectors, there aren't any clips, they hold on with double sided sticky foam that is already applied.

Either use tape or another pair of hands to hold in place, measure a million times and when absolutely sure they are perfectly level, the correct height & even front to back, draw round them in soft pencil. Then remove, peel off the sticky and fit back inside the lines. You only get one attempt!

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

More
12 Oct 2024 01:23 - 12 Oct 2024 01:24 #257855 by atxzizou
Mine did come with 4 mounting clips, 2 for each side. They attach to the window edge and are also attached with tape.

I'm referring to these clips specifically.

Attachments:
Last edit: 12 Oct 2024 01:24 by atxzizou.

More
12 Oct 2024 01:50 #257856 by fordem
The newer deflectors come with those clips, the older ones didn't - strictly speaking they are not necessary in that the deflectors can be installed without them - my 2024 has them, my 2021 doesn't.

My 2024 Jimny is the only vehicle I have owned that has had these clips and I have installed deflectors "without clips" on half-a-dozen other vehicles and not had an issue.

Follow the instructions and peel back the last inch or so of the protective film, position the deflector where you want it and then whilst holding it in place, pull the film out and simultaneously press the deflector into place.

More
12 Oct 2024 02:11 #257857 by atxzizou
Great! Thanks for your reply.

I’ve also owned other vehicles without these clips, they were either glued on or installed in the window sill.

I thought about installing without, I honestly can’t seem to find a reason why they have clips in the first place. Maybe as a backup in case the tape fails?

I will do one last thorough search for the clips, otherwise I’ll give it a shot.

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds