As part of the rebuild I decided to fit my own axle breather kit. My Jimny has the old "hosepipe" style which was large, untidy and the hosepipes had hardened off over the years.
As we all get older things sag at the front, just ask anyone over 50! My Jimny is heavy and my old springs have worn out. However when compared to the new springs the old ones are actually longer! This is more about turns and wire diameter. The new ones have an extra turn and are made of 13mm wire compared to 11mm so I believe they will hold up rather than just compress and sag like the old ones. I can actually press the old ones by hand!
Still, there is a lot of weight up front so I decided to give the springs a fighting chance.
So I am finally there on the rear axle. All finished and back on her wheels.
There were a few "cosmetic" items to sort.
First was the air feed for the ARB locker. The old feed had been damaged when the axle parted company from the car in 2011 (see It all goes wrong).
I had previously fitted the new parts for the feed to the diff (see Fitting the rear wheel bearings)