28/01/11 - Miguel's Jimny (UPDATED)
Here is my Jimny got it from a garage around 6 months ago. I few things I did to it andI will be updating as I can :).
The specification is...
Suzuki Jimny 2001 1.3 Petrol
- 3" Spring Lift
- ProComp 3000 Shockers
- Extended braided brake Lines
- Adjustable Heavy duty Panhard Rods
- General Grabber AT2
- 215/75 R15
- Castor correction Bushes
- TJM Snorkle (new)
- Rear Shock Relocation Brackets (New)
Off Road Armory
- Differential Guards (New)
- Transfer Box Protection(New)
- Rock Sliders
- 32mm Spacers
Image 1 - Before Start
Image 2 - A lot of work in the horizon. :)
Image 3 - Rear Springs and Shockers Fitted
Image 4 - Rear was cantered and new Panhard adjusted - Panhard from KAP, they don't came with the bushes, you need to by them or reuse you old ones if you can remove them intact.
Image 5 - I don't now about other, but we add to grind the bushes a bit or they would not fit.
Image 6 - Rear was completed already looking better :)
Image 7 - I was told to remove the spring that adjust the brake balance on the rear axle. Wondering what others did for a second opinion.
Image 8 - Now, to the front. By the way all springs were fitted manually now need for special tools.
Image 9 - Remove and replacing the brake lines. Suspension was already in.
Image 10 - Brake lines again.
Image 11 - Castor correction bushes installed. looks a bit weird but is just the angle of the image... they were in the correct position. we needed more then 5 tones from the hydraulic press to remove the old ones
Image 12 - Just one more for the record
Image 13 - Compare Front Springs Size
Image 14 - Compare Rear Springs Size
Image 15 - Compare both shockers fully exetended
Image 16 - Old Stuff
Image 17 - Almost ready, waiting for tyres :)
Image 18 - New tyres installed - Ready to go for now :)
Image 19 - New tyres installed - Ready to go for now :)
Image 20 - New tyres installed - Ready to go for now :)
Image 21 - New tyres installed - Ready to go for now :)
Image 22 - New tyres installed - Ready to go for now :)
Image 23 - New tyres installed - Ready to go for now :)
Adding the Snorkle
Removed the battery and air filter box
Wheel arch removed and template fixed in place with some masking tape
This was the most scary moment I had...but...it ended up perfect. I drilles a 32mm hole (because I could not find a 31mm hole saw). It worked fine for me.
I did some paint work. Just got tow paint cans, 1 primer and 1 sliver, just to keep the rust away as much as possible.
Job almost done
Transfer Case Protection
This is my transfer case protection. Home made but was slightly changed before the installation as I wasn't happy with some bits.
After some changes here and there I ended up with this.
Just a small lip for the exhaust
I have to get nicer pictures of the Rock Slider...will try the next time I am in the workshop