BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

HI NEW TO THE FORUM

• biggaz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Dec 2010 12:31 - 05 Dec 2010 12:40 #7057 by biggaz
Replied by biggaz on topic Re: HI NEW TO THE FORUM
i went for the 3" shocks and springs, procomp setup with es1000 shocks £340 ish for the lot. Ideally though you will need extended hoses aswell which your best off fitting before the lift. Hoses can be found form various shops online, got mine from llama 4x4. Hving the hoses fitted first makes life much easier when fitting the new springs as you can drop the axle right down and pop them in, otherwise the short hose will stop this and you will need to compress the springs. Id did my rear hose at the same time as fitting the susp.3 hoses in total, one rear two front cost about £50 delivered.

Then, caster correction bush kit. this improves the floatyness of a 3" lift but is more effective on a 2" lift apparently. Ive not fitted the bushes yet although i do have them here... mine isnt too bad as it is but some seem to be worse than others for needing the caster correction.Bushes around £80-90 for the 4 on the front.

As a minimum though you need shocks springs and hoses. After that theres adjustable panhard rods to move axles back to centre but wouldnt say you NEED them straight off.

Body lift, ive not done one so will leave that to someone else, i know theres a bit faff with the bumpers refitting and the steering shaft needs extending etc but not looked into it in great detail as yet as its not on my plans for now.

This is basically what ive picked up over the 2-3 weeks ive owned one so someone with better knowledge will be able to help better im sure.

Overall though, you do make a sacrifice when lifting the susp, strange steering and tip toe handling lol but all the extra bits helps to improve it, along with the steering damper i found, that helped.

Before lift with 215/75/15 bfg mud terrains

Attachment before.jpg not found

After 3" lift and hoses

Attachment after.jpg not found

gaz
Attachments:
Last edit: 05 Dec 2010 12:40 by biggaz.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• DAVE T
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Dec 2010 13:19 #7060 by DAVE T
Replied by DAVE T on topic Re: HI NEW TO THE FORUM
cheers big gazz , doing a king pin bearing tomorow and changing all my diff oil, then wax oiling the under side and arches, when thats done i am going to start the rest many thanks on the reply just sent you a pm thans again dave.:)

More
06 Dec 2010 06:02 #7110 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Re: HI NEW TO THE FORUM
Welcome and good luck with the kingpin bearing - not my favourite job but one I'm quite proficient at alas!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds