Vehicles (17 Jan 2019)
You can now add the vehicles you own to your profile as little icons that appear in your profile and alongside your posts.
This is a bit of an experiment. Take a look under the "REWARDS" menu across the top of the screen for the vehicles "ADD/MODIFY" option.
Let me know how you get on.
My Jimny (my first infact)
I'll have a look later on for the pocket.
What speakers have you fitted? Size? Front or rear? The polarity wouldn't make them distort. If the head unit is trying to send too much mid/bass to 10cm fronts then they will struggle.
2003 Silver Suzuki Jimny Falconer Edition...
215 75 15 Toyo open Country...
SolarPlexus Rear Tints...
K&N Panel Filter...
Rear Upper Spoiler..
- Topic Author
I'd heartily recommend a sub if you can live with half the boot space (or you could fit an under seat bass unit) also Fitting rear speakers would help a lot too.
The 10cm front you have are much better than the standard ones but you'll never get any useable bass from them, they are just too small. I've set up limits so only the upper mid and high frequencies go to the front, full range mid and high to the rear and only low frequencies to my sub easy on the unit I have but not every head unit has the capabilities to do that.
And just for the record I don't have my car booming everywhere I go, I have it set up for sound quality. I can listen to everything from classical to rock to electronic......etc etc. but I'll sometimes turn it up if I fancy lol.
I still have the pocket if you'd like it. PM on its way shortly
- Topic Author
1. what fascia have you used? Is it the 73821-76J10-5PK or?
2. have you used the OEM metal bracket (from the Clarion 2DIN player) or the metal frame supplied with the Pioneer player?
3. how on Earth have you managed to make the Pioneer sit in so nicely? And fitting the black plastic frame / cover on top... I could use any tips and trick you may have to spare.
1. Yeah that’s the one I used.
2. Neither. I bought an autoleads double din cage (103mm high) it has great brackets (a fiddle to set up initially but give great adjustment) autoleads dfpk 103. On checking the cage number for you it looks like the design has been updated. I used this one
The brackets allowed for mm adjustment front and back.
But it looks like the newer brackets don’t allow for the same adjustment
I know Halfords normally stock the cages and at least you could open the box to check what version they have. They are expensive for it but they do a pretty good price match offer if you do some leg work
3. By using the kit in no.2. The trim had to be modified to fit neatly and is actually just a friction fit.
I used to fit car stereos as a day job so this was an easy one to do.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk