BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Dual Air Horns

• lukeyblunt
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Jan 2011 20:30 #10412 by lukeyblunt
Replied by lukeyblunt on topic Re: Dual Air Horns

Nelson83 wrote: I've noticed these before in the 'frauds, but wasnt sure if they'd be loud enough, do you have a dB rating on them?

Sorry bud. I dont have a dB rating for them.. but i CAN confirm that they're loud enough to rapidly send my cat indoors. They're definitley substancially loud. A perfect upgrade, be it for scaring idiot drivers out the way, scaring friendly pedestrians.. or removing a family pet from view.

Also, thanks for your suggestion about alternate positionings. I'll see how it works out for the time being, but if needs be, i'll have to invest in some more pipe !!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• biggaz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Jan 2011 20:42 #10416 by biggaz
Replied by biggaz on topic Re: Dual Air Horns
I think they will be fine there mate for on road driving and mild offroading.

• Nelson83
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Jan 2011 16:13 #10550 by Nelson83
Replied by Nelson83 on topic Re: Dual Air Horns
Heres a pic of where i mounted my siren - just in front of the washer bottle. Its similar in size to a car alarm speaker, but theres plenty of space for it. The front of the siren faces forward and down so that any water that does get in there runs outs. The dodgy looking box strapped to the washer bottle is my wig wag relay for the headlights. Im planning on moving it into the cab so that i can see the leds flashing when it works, hence the massive loom cable tied up out of the way looking like a rats nest.
Attachments:

• Gromit
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Jan 2011 17:42 #10557 by Gromit
Replied by Gromit on topic Re: Dual Air Horns

adamjimny wrote:

Gromit wrote:

adamjimny wrote: cant beat a good horn. i have a stebel nautilus 139db and its brilliant as the original horn is too bloody girly

Just ordered one of those.

they are brilliant and small enough too you will love it. people move when they hear it hahaha:laugh:

Fitted and working, made me jump a mile when I first used it :-)

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Jan 2011 18:28 - 29 Jan 2011 18:29 #10563 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Re: Dual Air Horns
don't need a horn - they all stay out of our way when they see the front bumper, cage and assorted dents! :)
Last edit: 29 Jan 2011 18:29 by darthloachie.

• Smoggy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Jan 2011 09:45 #10589 by Smoggy
Replied by Smoggy on topic Re: Dual Air Horns
Very very funny, I like this. Cant wait til my Jimnys bigged up.
My boss at work has a Kia sportage, when one of the lads at work told him I had a 4 x 4, he bust a gut to find out what i had, when i told him it was a Jimny he burst out laughing and started to joke to all the lads it was really a remote control toy that blows over in the wind.

Soon shut up though when i bet hi pink slips he couldnt go where the jimny would go, looked a bit sick when the lads told him to take me up on it and he refused :laugh:

• vitara_mad
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Jan 2011 11:04 #10602 by vitara_mad
Replied by vitara_mad on topic Re: Dual Air Horns
if your boss has a Kia sportage it should have been you doing the laughing.

• Nelson83
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Jan 2011 11:36 #10604 by Nelson83
Its one of those things we all get used to in owning a jimny, just like the death wobble :laugh: Just ask your boss if he knows how the sj's perform, most people do, then point out its just an sj with coils. Then offer him a challenge. But before you do, just practice your chicken noises, ready for when he backs out :lol:

• lukeyblunt
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Jan 2011 11:49 #10607 by lukeyblunt
Replied by lukeyblunt on topic Re: Dual Air Horns
Hi All.
Thanks for your support for my test on Friday.
Unfortunatley, I failed with 1 minor and 1 major, being not checking the rear view on approach to a round about. SO petty. :angry:

However, i had a good laugh over these previous posts! lol Kia.

My Girlfriend is looking for a car similar to a Jimny. (she likes the spare wheel on the back :huh: )
Any cheaper alternatives??
Thanks lads :D

• Nelson83
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Jan 2011 11:52 #10608 by Nelson83
Bugger!!! :-( Oh well, theres always next time. Persuade her that a jimnys the one she needs, then you have a second one for "borrowing" bits off :-)

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds