BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Air vent removal

More
30 Apr 2024 11:33 #255826 by ThatGuy
Air vent removal was created by ThatGuy
Hi all. My centre air vents are getting increasingly loose to the point where I can’t actually direct them anywhere as the slightest vibration aims them back at the roof! I’d like to remove them to see if I can fit a fibre washer or something similar to tighten the fit a bit. How do I get them out? Do I simply pry them out or is there a dashboard section I need to remove to get at them? 2004 petrol. Thanks for any advice!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Apr 2024 13:42 #255829 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Air vent removal
The centre console facia comes out with the air vents. Remove the ash tray, there is a plate held in by three screws, remove this and finally the facia is held in by 4 or 6 clips on the side, just pull it forwards.

Disconnect the Cig lighter and the hazard switch and you will be able to see both sides of the vents, it will then be obvious how they are attached. Or just slide something in from the back.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds