BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Manual AC to Auto Climate Control Mod

More
10 Apr 2024 15:37 #255520 by DavidEdie01
Hi Again. I wondered if anyone had done this modification before changing the Manual Ac Dash panel to the Auto climate control one. I know probably the auto part will not function but maybe the dials and controls will do. Has anyone tried or attempted this?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Apr 2024 16:27 #255521 by DrRobin
I suspect it will be a non starter. The manual controls appear to have connecting cables which open and shut vents/valves. The automatic unit probably uses servo valves directly on the heater unit, I suspect it will be unlikely to re-use the same cables, but it might do.

The manual/auto heater control is a complete unit which includes the air vents above the controls.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
10 Apr 2024 16:40 #255522 by DrRobin
In case you are interested the auto ac heater control unit is Suzuki part number 39510-77R00-DH4 and appears to be about $400 if you can find one in stock.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
10 Apr 2024 22:01 #255527 by DavidEdie01
That is quite interesting 

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds