BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

GEN 3 - Vacuum pipes

More
28 Mar 2024 14:49 #255274 by alpinejimny13
Hey everyone! I'm planning to remove my gen 3's vacuum operated hubs into manual ones and I found myself stuck on the "blocking the vacuum pipes" step. The guide is quite thorough but I'm requesting here a picture of how exactly you guys did this, every pipe that was blocked and how.

BTW I'm thinking of blocking the pipes up in the engine bay. TYSM in advance!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2024 14:58 #255275 by me101
Replied by me101 on topic GEN 3 - Vacuum pipes
Don't know if this helps.

2007 Little Jim with cheap mods!
www.youtube.com/channel/UCeBDekO99Qk2aOmBmSmrI9w

More
28 Mar 2024 17:07 #255276 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic GEN 3 - Vacuum pipes
I left the rubber hose connected down at the hubs and then up in the engine bay behind the battery the lock pipe has a Tee to a pressure switch. As my vacuum still worked I just removed the lock pipe after the Tee and plugged this with a rubber plug.

That way the pressure switch still works and allows the transer box to go in to 4WD (solid green light).

If you vacuum system is completely gone then you can leave it all in place and just join the wires on the pressure switch.

Before I sold my Gen 3 I took the manual hubs off and replaced the complicated Suzuki vacuum pipes with new tubing, putting the Tees up near the battery, then a contineous run down to the hubs. It took 20m of tubing, but saves any joints down below.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
29 Mar 2024 00:50 #255284 by alpinejimny13
Replied by alpinejimny13 on topic GEN 3 - Vacuum pipes
Do you perhaps have a picture of it?

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds