BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Left side electronic window relay location?

More
28 Feb 2024 09:58 #254673 by SFx124119
Hi, I have a Suzuki Jimny 2003 Right hand drive Manuel. 
The left side window has recently stopped moving after installing new speakers, I cant seem to find where the relay for the electric windows is located. Has anyone got a wiring diagram or know the location of the relays? Thanks. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Feb 2024 10:15 #254675 by DrRobin
I don't think there are any relays. I did find the following diagram

www.bigjimny.com/media/kunena/attachments/1257/snap-4.jpg

As well as this thread from a few years ago

www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/7-jimny...electric-window-fuse

The windows seem to use a common fuse, so if only one window is not working, it must be the switch, wiring or motor.

Did you take the door card off, or was it only new speakers in the foot well? Perhaps you caught a cable or dislodged a connector?

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
28 Feb 2024 11:23 #254677 by Lambert
If the window suddenly stops working ensure that you have not inadvertently pressed the child lock button on the drivers side window switch panel.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
28 Feb 2024 16:56 #254682 by Phaeton
If it's not the switch on the drivers door there is a 2 pin connector in the passenger door you may have caught that whilst doing the speakers, you can test by either a multimeter or a bulb across the contacts. If it's not that it'll be the motor, not a bad job to change as the glass unbolts off the arms, getting it back in is easier than getting it out as you an then use the motor to get it in the right position to line the holes up.

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds