BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Disabling seatbelt sensor?

More
10 Nov 2023 08:17 #252049 by Pondboy
I always use seatbelts when driving, but when we get to our finca and have to get out to undo the chain at the entrance, we have a 100 metre drive down to the donkey corral. It is a pain to have to put the seatbelt back on for this, but the beeping is tiresome.

If I disconnected the sensor, will it create any other problems?

PB

Sent from my IN2013 using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Nov 2023 08:21 #252050 by saxj
Replied by saxj on topic Disabling seatbelt sensor?
Unplug the plug under the seat. I have not had any issues, but I am in South Africa, we don't have 99% of the safety stuff that is in the European versions - 2 Airbags and not much else

More
10 Nov 2023 09:24 #252051 by Roger Fairclough
If you disconnect the plug under the seat and bridge the gap in the socket with a 2 ohm resistor, the system will believe all is well, but it may not pass your local test examiner which will depend on the regulations in force.

Roger

More
10 Nov 2023 10:27 #252053 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Disabling seatbelt sensor?
I have one of these I use occasionally when laning.
amzn.eu/d/3qHffwE
The following user(s) said Thank You: gv42

More
10 Nov 2023 13:09 #252055 by Pondboy
Roger,

Thanks, that is what I need to do.

The Spanish ITV (MOT) just tests the seatbelts work (pull out & retract) and the fabric is undamaged.

PB

Sent from my IN2013 using Tapatalk

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds