BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Internal rollcage advice?

More
10 Jul 2023 13:18 #249806 by Vandoni
After a nasty crash with my project car (not the jimny), i decided that mounting an internal roll cage in the little suzuki would be a great idea, the only problem is that i've been searching the net for a long time and haven't found anything, does anybody know a reputable brand that makes cages for the 3rd gen? 2000 1.3 gasoline

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jul 2023 14:20 #249811 by 300bhpton
Replied by 300bhpton on topic Internal rollcage advice?
Do remember that an internal cage can be more dangerous than not having one unless you are wearing a crash helmet and a proper 4/5 point safety harness.

Being thrown about inside and impacting a cage can do you a lot of damage.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
10 Jul 2023 14:59 #249812 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Internal rollcage advice?
All the ones I have seen are exocages. That said I can't see why someone like safety devices couldn't build you one.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
10 Jul 2023 16:46 #249818 by Vandoni
Replied by Vandoni on topic Internal rollcage advice?
The idea was to get a racing seat as well, and the main problem here is that where I live people don't modify Jimnys as much as in the UK, so it's a lot more difficult to find aftermarket parts for it

More
10 Jul 2023 19:58 #249821 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Internal rollcage advice?
Raptor 4x4 do racing seats, I think they are made in Italy. If not Master Forest (they are in France) or the same as I have BB Classic, sat on Master Forest bases, all very similar designs.

They are sold singularly, so if you just need a drivers seat, it is only half the price.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
10 Jul 2023 20:07 #249822 by Vandoni
Replied by Vandoni on topic Internal rollcage advice?
i didn't know if i could trust raptor 4x4, but since you talked about them i'll check them out, thanks for the advice

More
11 Jul 2023 15:55 #249829 by Obarno
Replied by Obarno on topic Internal rollcage advice?
I fitted an internal cage to my 2007 Jimny about 11 years ago and fortunately haven’t tested it - yet! It is a Protection and Performance cage, 6 point and very nicely made. Be aware you cannot fit rear seats and the cage. It has a lot of padding on it for protection. I have no regrets about fitting it.

Manual VVT, 2 1/2" lift, ORA castor corrected arms, 2" ORA body lift, 4:1 transfer box, Uprated front shafts & CVs ERM , ARBs back & front 3.9 diffs, 6 point cage, ORA winch bumper - Superwinch EP9, ORA rear bumper, ORA axle truses, Diff guards ERM , TBR tank guard, Snorkel, Kumho KL71.30.9.50 15

More
11 Jul 2023 15:59 #249830 by Obarno
Replied by Obarno on topic Internal rollcage advice?

I fitted an internal cage to my 2007 Jimny about 11 years ago and fortunately haven’t tested it - yet! It is a Protection and Performance cage, 6 point and very nicely made. Be aware you cannot fit rear seats and the cage. It has a lot of padding on it for protection. I have no regrets about fitting it.

Manual VVT, 2 1/2" lift, ORA castor corrected arms, 2" ORA body lift, 4:1 transfer box, Uprated front shafts & CVs ERM , ARBs back & front 3.9 diffs, 6 point cage, ORA winch bumper - Superwinch EP9, ORA rear bumper, ORA axle truses, Diff guards ERM , TBR tank guard, Snorkel, Kumho KL71.30.9.50 15
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds