BigJimny Meet 2019 (17 May 2019)

BigJimny Meet and off-road driving day

20TH OCTOBER 2019

BOOKING CLOSES SUNDAY 6th OCTOBER! - CLICK HERE to BOOK

See HERE for details - See HERE for discussion

Noggin and Natter - pre-event chat - Old Bell at Grazeley (part of hotel) 7:30pm 19th October

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

lock right 1510 LR

More
12 Sep 2019 09:50 #213429 by meirs03
lock right 1510 LR was created by meirs03
Hi all , I am new in this forum and need some advice ,
I am having problem with new installation of lock right 1510 at rear axle , I have done the installation by myself after reading the instruction and some internet video’s ,
My jimny is 1999 automatic gear box
The issue is that it is not releasing while it have to , while turning the two wheels are locked , no sound of clicking
I have used one thrust washers at the side gear ( the thin one ) ,and I have done this from the instruction : “ If the block is too tight and the long shaft will not insert, use a belt sander or grinder to carefully remove about .005-inch” ,I am not Sure if it was .005 – inch , I have just remove the amount of surface until it fits free ,

Need some advice from this point ?
Does anyone know if there is size different for the differential case from samurai to jimny or from different years of the jimny ?

Please advice
Thanks
Meir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Riccy
  • Site Sponsor
  • Site Sponsor
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
12 Sep 2019 18:13 #213440 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic lock right 1510 LR
Cant help with the lockrite, but I do know that the axle casing into which the diff fits is different through the years. Its sometimes necessary to cut a grove into the axle casing for the donor diff crown wheel to fit into when changing between them.

J999 MNY M16 VVT
R7me gbox & 5.16 Rocklobster, 33" Toyo MT, 2x ARB Locker diffs, 7" lift, Recaro's, etc

SL06 ULS ULYSSES M18 VVT
Pickup/tipper, R7me gbox & 4.3 Rocklobster, 31" Cooper STT pro, 2x ARB Locker diffs, 4" lift, OMP seats, Poly bushd', Caged, etc

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
The following user(s) said Thank You: meirs03

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: funkyjimnyooky_123
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds