BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Spare wheel middle cover.

More
11 Sep 2018 18:50 #195893 by eddlane
Hi all

I’m looking at buying one of these but I don’t have a clue how it fits, and if it will fit what I have already. Could someone shed some light on it please?

Thanks again all!

Bob - 2005 Jimny - standard, for now.....
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Sep 2018 19:01 - 11 Sep 2018 19:02 #195894 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Spare wheel middle cover.
I believe your spare wheel mount should have on of these fitted, onto which the cover bolts.

www.bigjimny.com/store/spare-wheel-cover-mounting-bracket.html

It should be located on the centre of the spare wheel. I have one for a £5 plus postage if you need one. Unable to suggest more as my Jimny does not have the cover so removed mount, no want to fit the cover as I like looking at the alloy wheel more.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 11 Sep 2018 19:02 by Scimike.

More
11 Sep 2018 19:03 #195895 by eddlane
Replied by eddlane on topic Spare wheel middle cover.
Yeh in the middle of my spare wheel I have that, two threaded bolts with nothing on? You can just about see it if you zoom my picture.

Just can’t figure out how the cover goes on to those two bolts?

More
11 Sep 2018 19:08 #195897 by Scimike
Tried to zoom, was not sure. I assume you have a long bolt or screw that holds the plastic cover to this. Not seen one fitted myself, so anyone??

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
11 Sep 2018 19:11 #195898 by eddlane
Yeh I guess so!! Really need to see one taken off and apart to understand it before I buy one haha!

But yeh I’ve got that part under there already

Thanks for the help!

Attachments:

More
11 Sep 2018 19:13 #195899 by eddlane
Zoomed

Attachments:

More
11 Sep 2018 19:22 #195900 by Scimike
It looks like it uses a wheel nut to hold it to the threaded portion of the mount.

See this, any help?

www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/6-jimny...eel-removal?start=12

More
11 Sep 2018 19:23 #195901 by theoldseacaptain
It only bolts to one - the bottom I think. It's fairly obvious when you fit it as it will only match up to one. You use one of your locking wheel nuts to attach it to the carrier

Sadly jimny-less but still got the bug!

More
11 Sep 2018 19:31 #195903 by eddlane
Cheers guys, yeh that thread did help thanks Scimike. I’ll buy one and give it a go, need somewhere to stick my stickers too....

Cheers!

More
11 Sep 2018 22:51 - 11 Sep 2018 22:52 #195911 by X8GGY
Replied by X8GGY on topic Spare wheel middle cover.
The bit in the middle with two wheel studs on it can be mounted either way up depending on the offset of the spare wheel...

If you have different offset wheels or wider tyres and the cover doesn't fit as a result just buy one of these -

www.jimnybits.com/other/nuts-bolts/grays...extension-studs.html

In 12mm / 1.25mm metric fine pitch to match the Suzuki wheel studs / nuts and lengthen the stud on the middle mount to accommodate the wheel / tyre you are hanging on the back...
Last edit: 11 Sep 2018 22:52 by X8GGY.

More
12 Sep 2018 11:49 #195923 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Spare wheel middle cover.
You can pick up mine for free! just collects dust on the shelf in my garage.

It's in Volda, Norway :)

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds