BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Daylight running lights

More
05 Apr 2018 05:33 #191306 by yakuza
My Norwegian Jimny has this Swedish box that is mounted to all jimnys as they come to norway that in the beginning turns on the headlight when the car is started. After a while though the box fails and either the lights is allways on and your battery ends up dead like mine, or you get all sorts of electrical problems.

I was wondering if there is a solution for this in other european countries as these boxes are now out of stock here.
We should have the same EU-regulations i guess..
Does the lights come on automatically in Britan?

Is it possible to make an automatic solution with the fog lights and turn them into auto-DRL?

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
05 Apr 2018 05:41 #191307 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Daylight running lights
UK Jimny predate the adoption of the drl law so our lights are manual. I shouldn't have thought it was beyond the scope of a good auto electrician to be able to get the lights on with the ignition.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: yakuza

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Apr 2018 12:43 #191321 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Daylight running lights
I think you can buy DLR fog lights so depends on what direction you want to go with your light's

More
05 Apr 2018 19:41 #191352 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Daylight running lights
Just find a live that is only live when the ignition is on and have it feed a relay that switches the headlights on as soon as the ignition comes on.

It would be nice if you could cause that circuit to be broken when you are cranking the engine as it will take some pressure off the already tiny battery the Jimny has as standard, which struggles when the wiring and starter motor age a bit.

You could always put a press button in line to break the feed to the relay.

With the Jimny being switched on the earth and not the live you'd have to switch the relay accordingly.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds