BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Isuzu 1.7 tdi info needed.

• Jack1308
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Apr 2018 21:28 #191156 by Jack1308
Isuzu 1.7 tdi info needed. was created by Jack1308
Hi Guys,

Just planted a M16A into the Jimny but not happy with my economy of 23-25mpg. My Jimny is a 2004 and used as a 4x4 response vehicle so is lifted 4" on 30's and will be laden with recovery gear etc.

I have the opportunity to purchase a complete astra for a 1.7 diesel swap. I have done some research regarding this but it is quite limited.

Things I need;

Engine mounts
Flywheel
M series gearbox adapter
300tdi radiator?
Anything Else?

I've heard you do not need to run an ECU? can someone please explain this further?
How does all the other engine wiring tie into the Jimny loom for cluster etc?

I'd like to get some more information on this swap from anyone who knows more about it or indeed has the conversion.

Thanks Guys.

Jack

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds