BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

longer rear shock bolts (bottom mount)

More
07 Mar 2018 07:51 #190045 by robs5230
Another shock question.
I need to change my rear shocks but think I'm going to have to drill the bottom mount bolts right the way through.

Martin used to sell linger bolts and nuts for this in bigjimny store but I can't find them now. Anyone have the sizes for the longer bolts or a link to where I can buy them ?

Thanks

standard jimny - for now

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2018 08:00 #190046 by Busta
The diameter will be the same as the current stud and the length will be the total length of the current stud + the thickness of the bracket behind it. Should be pretty easy to work out!

More
07 Mar 2018 08:25 #190049 by mlines
I think you are mistaking my store for a rivals, I have never sold longer bolts to use in drilled out shock mounts.

Sorry, Martin

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
The following user(s) said Thank You: robs5230

More
07 Mar 2018 12:07 #190067 by robs5230
Thanks Martin. If I didn't get them from you I must have sourced locally. Now have the sizes and again have found some locally.

standard jimny - for now

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds