BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

New Hankook Optimo S4 Tyres

• Blitz
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Oct 2014 18:39 #128031 by Blitz
New Hankook Optimo S4 Tyres was created by Blitz
My pavement Princess has just got 4 new heals. These are new all weather tyres with snow/ice groves and have the winter
Certified snow symbol. The compound is soft enough not to freeze in winter but won't melt in summer. Big plus point is they are proper all seasons so I can keep them on all year.

Checked the pressures after fitting and 30 psi all round. Now 23 and 26psi so will see how I go.
Standard 205/70/15.

Iv just removed a mash up of 4 different worn tyres. To be honest they provided appalling grip in the wet. I actually felt safer on two wheels :huh:

What other road/HT tyres are people running?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2014 19:23 #128033 by pgatensuk
Hi Blitz,
Would be interested to hear what MPG you get with those tyres.

I'm in the market for some fuel efficient tyres

What Jimny do you drive?

Cheers
Paul
Hertford

2005 Jimny VVT soft top
2002 Jimny Soft top - Sold
2007 Triumph Tiger 1050 - Sold
2011 Kawasaki W800
2002 Twin boys
2001 Kerry Blue Terrier - RIP
2012 GoldenDoodle

• Blitz
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Nov 2014 01:12 #128063 by Blitz
Replied by Blitz on topic New Hankook Optimo S4 Tyres
She's an 04 soft top none VVT. I hope there won't be much difference although winter tread patterns generally have higher roll resistance. I find being able to stop in bad weather cheeper than running slicks with high MPG

• Blitz
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Nov 2014 11:17 #128078 by Blitz
As mentioned reduced the tyre fitters 30psi down to 23 front 26 rear. Now my death wobble has gone. Result for by princess :-)

• Blitz
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jan 2015 15:12 #134813 by Blitz
Couple of great snow days in Sheffield last week. I went past numerous stuck cars and prats skidding about with 19in low profile tyres lol.

Very impressed with the hankook 4S. Great stopping power under braking, I really did notice the difference. No problem with snow traction I went round wheel spinning cars onto the deep stuff up hill in order to get past.

I love my payment Princess. That was the most fun Iv had on 4 wheels

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds