BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

410 tbox into Jimny

• Leepeet69
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Nov 2012 21:09 #54244 by Leepeet69
410 tbox into Jimny was created by Leepeet69
I know this will be on here somewhere I have a jimny 1.7td running etc etc running 31's , im wanting to fit a 410 tbox until i do the rock lobster conversion next year, can I buy a mount kit for the 410 tbox and do the standard jimny props fit?

I've seen somewhere a 410 box in a cradle that sits between the mounts if anyone can point me in the rite direction I think that's that's thing I'm looking for!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Nov 2012 21:11 #54245 by supergaz
Replied by supergaz on topic 410 tbox into Jimny
Contact Redacted on this forum.

• TomDK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Nov 2012 21:21 #54247 by TomDK
Replied by TomDK on topic 410 tbox into Jimny

Leepeet69 wrote: I know this will be on here somewhere I have a jimny 1.7td running etc etc running 31's , im wanting to fit a 410 tbox until i do the rock lobster conversion next year, can I buy a mount kit for the 410 tbox and do the standard jimny props fit?

I've seen somewhere a 410 box in a cradle that sits between the mounts if anyone can point me in the rite direction I think that's that's thing I'm looking for!!!

Hi

I have this for sale bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/11-for-sale...radle-for-sale#52366

In addition you will need a front SJ propshaft to fit as rear prop shaft on jimny, and a gearbox prop shaft from SJ 413 or Samurai :-)

More
26 Nov 2012 21:23 #54248 by j999pre
Replied by j999pre on topic 410 tbox into Jimny
Rockwatt is the man,

You'll need some SJ props. The small one from the gearbox to the transfer box and a front one to put on the rear. Check the hole spacings or you can re-drill the flanges.

Rockwatt will keep you right.

Gold Jimny the best colour (sold) :(

Big red Jimny 32" tyres, arbs, cage 5:1 transfer etc. (Sold)

Grey pick up Jimny
Turbo m13a, arbs, floating rear shafts, disc conversion rear, vented front conversion. 245 70 16. Winch, 3" lift, 4:16 trans hd shafts and CVS

• Skinhead
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Nov 2012 21:32 #54249 by Skinhead
Replied by Skinhead on topic 410 tbox into Jimny
Or if your anywhere near south yorkshire 'big offroader' is your man :)

• Leepeet69
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Nov 2012 21:37 #54250 by Leepeet69
Replied by Leepeet69 on topic 410 tbox into Jimny
TomDK you have a PM

I will contact Redacted for some help, does the samurai front prop fit direct to the jimny rear without mods? I have various 410/413 tboxs and props so ill see what I've got to fit :)

I'm in Matlock Derbyshire so South Yorks isn't a million miles away if he can help? Does he do the 410 tbox mounts?

• TomDK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Nov 2012 21:43 #54251 by TomDK
Replied by TomDK on topic 410 tbox into Jimny

Leepeet69 wrote: TomDK you have a PM

I will contact Redacted for some help, does the samurai front prop fit direct to the jimny rear without mods? I have various 410/413 tboxs and props so ill see what I've got to fit :)

I'm in Matlock Derbyshire so South Yorks isn't a million miles away if he can help? Does he do the 410 tbox mounts?

The prop fits almost without mods. There's a chance you might need to drill new holes in the transfer flanges for the prop shaft to fit. The transmission prop shaft fits without any modding at all.

I'd buy the gear reduction from Redacted . He now uses new gears instead of welded ones.

• Skinhead
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Nov 2012 21:46 #54253 by Skinhead
Replied by Skinhead on topic 410 tbox into Jimny
Yes he does, he makes rocklobsters an mounts, fitting kits etc, i just got 1 the other day from him.
To fit the sj prop to the rear of the jimny you will need to either drill the flange on the rear diff or swap the UJ joint on the prop (just take the 1 of your old jimny prop)

• Leepeet69
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Nov 2012 21:56 #54257 by Leepeet69
Replied by Leepeet69 on topic 410 tbox into Jimny
Sound ill find some props out and see what I can do!

I want to eventually buy the reduction gears any idea on prices?? That maybe next year now!

Does Redacted or big off roader have a website?

• bigoffroader
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Nov 2012 20:34 - 27 Nov 2012 20:35 #54322 by bigoffroader
Replied by bigoffroader on topic 410 tbox into Jimny
I have a set of brackets made up and ready to go ;) pm me if your interested
Last edit: 27 Nov 2012 20:35 by bigoffroader. Reason: spelling mistake

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds