BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

help please -removing the dash

• phillet
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Aug 2012 08:43 #47102 by phillet
New member with a new jimny. was created by phillet
I have previously been a Land Rover owner, having started with a 1960 S2 followed by a 1989 Land Rover Discovery, however after the clutch on the Discovery died and it spectacularly failed it’s MOT I was left without a 4x4 for three years.

Once getting a new job, I decided to treat myself to another 4x4, I have had several friends who have had Suzuki Jimny’s before and all of them have loved them, and they have proved to be a relatively cheap 4x4 to own and run, so I decided to go for a Jimny. Originally I was looking at a 3 year old (ish) Jimny, but it seemed to make more finical sense to buy a new one, so that is what I have done.

Here she is as I bought her;

File Attachment:

And a couple of her first trips out and about.

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

First off all I added an off road scratch on her, within two weeks off having bought her. (It looks worse - or better dependent on your opinion - in the flesh)

File Attachment:

I then put some all terrain tyres on her. (Competus A/T 4x4 - 205 / 70 R15)

File Attachment:

Followed by a new bonnet mounted number plate after having lost two number plates whilst laning in the past.

File Attachment:

And here she is in her current form, much cleaner than normal

File Attachment:

My CB setup

File Attachment:

I also plan to get underneath the car with some waxoil at some point over the winter, and pretty much coat everything I can in it to try and prevent any rust. And also think about some under body protection and a lift, but I need to watch this with the car being under warranty. And that is all the mods planned for now, but once the warranty is up I have a thing or to in mind - Apparently a Willies Jeep body will fit directly onto a Jimny chassis - that could be fun to try...

Phil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wz1
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Oct 2012 15:16 #50065 by wz1
Replied by wz1 on topic help please -removing the dash
Hi,

I need to get behind the button below the hazard light on my jimmy to disconnect a button...as it is totally stuck in there... any ideas of where the screws are that I need to pull that part of the dash forwards?

Thanks very much :)

• markyp2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Oct 2012 18:57 #50076 by markyp2000
Replied by markyp2000 on topic help please -removing the dash
what year is it on my jimny there are to screws in the speedo area at the top take them out and give it a good yank

• wz1
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Oct 2012 06:59 #50131 by wz1
Replied by wz1 on topic help please -removing the dash
Hi mate,

It's a 2003 02 convertible, I did undo those 2 screws but it still seemed stuck right in there, will give it another try today

thanks for your help

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds