BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

2005 Jimny VVTS Heater control problem

• MalcolmB
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Sep 2012 08:35 #49079 by MalcolmB
2005 Jimny VVTS Heater control problem was created by MalcolmB
Hi Guys and Gals.....

Got a problem with the heater control. It's the rotary one. It won't turn fully to the right to demist, it just feels "springy". Same when turning it fully to the left. There's obviously something wrong with the linkage/cable. Any ideas?

Cheers

Malc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ZookFastback
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Sep 2012 08:52 #49082 by ZookFastback
Replied by ZookFastback on topic 2005 Jimny VVTS Heater control problem
My 2000 build Jimny ragtop had the same problem. Turned out the outer cable sleeve had slipped, so I just undid it at the heater and slipped it back up then tightened it back up. Bugga of a thing to fiddle with though

• MalcolmB
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Sep 2012 09:02 #49084 by MalcolmB
Replied by MalcolmB on topic 2005 Jimny VVTS Heater control problem
Thanks for your quick reply. Guess I've got a bit of fiddling to do! It's going to hurt 'cos I've got a knackered shoulder............................

Cheers

Malc

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds